Occasionally Sentimental

"Man Xi said that because she was unable to use the most beautiful bowl for congee in the morning, Jin Zhen became unhappy and punished her with kneeling until just now. It was when this servant went to deliver the red envelopes that Jin Zhen began to feel apologetic and allowed Man Xi to get up. I saw that Man Xi had kneeled for too long and fell when standing up. She was not even able to straighten her legs."

A flicker of light passed through Feng Yu Heng's eyes. Now that Jin Zhen had received Feng Jin Yuan's favor, she became more and more certain of her position in the Feng manor. She even began to make considerations for her side.

Thinking about it, that should be the case. She and Feng Jin Yuan were enemies, while Jin Zhen was Feng Jin Yuan's concubine. She naturally needed to rely on Feng Jin Yuan to survive. If Feng Jin Yuan fell, there would be no benefits for her.

"Forget it." She waved her hand, "Each person has their own choices. She is not wrong. Competition in a large family like this is inevitable. If she has the ability, let her go compete. Feng Jin Yuan is in the midst of his most robust years. In the future, there definitely will not be just these few concubines. Even the family's position of head wife will need to be filled. So long as he does not reach over to our side, there is no need for us to worry about him."

Huang Quan nodded then said: "Just now when I passed by madam's courtyard, concubine mother An and third young miss have come over with a large number of things. Third young miss is happily playing with our young master."

Only then did Feng Yu Heng reveal a smile, "Their ages are a little closer and are at the age where they can still play together. I will not be going over. Keep watch outside. I will be going in to take a look at Wang Chuan."

Wang Chuan woke up after she entered the room, and the pain all over her body seemed to be even worse than before. That was just how people were. When in a state of crisis, things did not feel so bad, but once the crisis passed, feelings of exhaustion and pain would surge forth, and they could not be stopped.

Feng Yu Heng was still rather careful with her external injuries. Although Wang Chuan said to her that she was a martial artist and did not care too much about a few sword scars, she was still a girl. Feng Yu Heng still wanted to allow her to be a little more beautiful.

Fortunately, there were plenty of good medicines in the pharmacy. The medicine provided by the military for the soldiers were naturally the best, and she would occasionally smuggle them out. Over the years, she managed to acquire a rather large stockpile. She took them out and placed them in the medicine storage room. Wang Chuan washed her face with the help of a servant then began to chat with Feng Yu Heng.

The two only came out a little while before evening. Huang Quan was anxious from the wait. Upon seeing them come out, she finally said: "The Feng manor's side sent people over a few times, inviting young miss and young master over to eat dinner and ring in the new year."

Feng Yu Heng nodded and advised Wan Chuan: "Stay here and accompany mother. In the end, I will only be able to return from the Feng manor after midnight. Don't let her feel too lonely."

Wang Chuan quickly said: "Young miss, do not worry and go. This servant will be here."

"Good. I will get changed then go immediately."

She said immediately, but Tong Sheng pavilion was quite far. When she brought Zi Rui over to Peony courtyard, where the feast was being held, everyone was already seated and waiting for them.

Feng Yu Heng brought Zi Rui forward to pay respects to the matriarch and Feng Jin Yuan. The matriarch spoke in a deliberately ambiguous tone: "County princess really is noble, requiring people to constantly invite and rush you. Take a look, the food on the table has already gone cold."