Instant Noodles are Always Tasty

Upon hearing this, the matriarch's nose nearly became crooked from anger, "You want to marry Chen Yu?"

Chen Qing sincerely replied: "That is indeed the case, and I hope elder madam can help accomplish this."

"Help accomplish it?" The matriarch reached out and pointed at him, "Speak! What is your actual goal in coming to my Feng manor?"

Chen Qing was startled and foolishly replied: "Naturally, it is to prepare for the imperial exam."

"Since you are here to prepare for the exam, why come speak about marriage?" The matriarch became angrier the more she said, "Jin Yuan even hoped that you would rank well and improve your status. How is it that your mind is only filled with matters regarding relationships between men and women. This truly is a clear waste of his teachings in earlier years."

"This..." Chen Qing had been told off by the matriarch and also realized that he had been reckless. But when he thought about what Fen Dai said to him, in addition to Chen Yu crying before him a few days prior, he could not hold himself back, as he could not help but say: "Chen Qing is fully devoted to becoming an honored scholar, and this has never changed. My feelings for cousin Chen Yu also have not changed over the many years. When my aunt was still alive, she had refused a few times. Chen Qing had already given up, but seeing how truly unbearable cousin Chen Yu's situation in the manor is, I only beg elder madam to allow cousin to marry me. Chen Qing will definitely protect her properly."

The matriarch also remembered that she had heard something about Chen Qing requesting to marry Chen Yu, but at that time, Feng Jin Yuan and Chen shi both wanted to keep Chen Yu to become the future Empress. How could they even consider Chen Qing. Now, however, it seemed that Chen Yu being set together with Chen Qing would not be too bad. But, she was still irritated by the people of the Chen family. She had already decided that she would not see any member of the Chen family until her death. If it were not for Feng Jin Yuan's insistence, Chen Qing would not have been allowed to stay within the manor.

"No." The matriarch shook her head firmly, "My Feng family and your Chen family have already cut their ties. When Chen shi was alive, she had already refused you clearly. Now that she is no longer alive, the Feng family is even less likely to marry Chen Yu to you. Do not bring this matter up again."

"But..." Chen Qing became anxious, "Cousin is suffering grievances within the manor, and elder madam is not supporting her. Why can this matter not be completed? Also, Chen Qing believe cousin Chen Yu, towards me... al-also does have some feelings."

"Young master Chen, these sorts of things can not be spoken carelessly!" Granny Zhao could not bear to continue watching, "If you end up passing brilliantly, that would be a great matter, but how can you be so lacking in courtesy and harm the reputation of our manor's eldest young miss?"

The matriarch quietly snorted and said: "The people of the Chen family are all like this."

Chen Qing's face turned bright red from hearing what the two said. He also knew that he had said the wrong thing, but he had always been poor at communicating. How could he possibly defeat the matriarch and granny Zhao in a war of words.

While feeling dejected, he heard the matriarch say: "Either way, who told you I can not support Chen Yu? Who told you that Chen Yu had suffered grievances? Using your status of having lived in the same hometown, you speak such nonsense. With such a character, how could you possibly participate in the imperial examination in the Spring?" The more she said, the more emotional she became, this old one's second granddaughter is the county princess. She also calls the current Emperor, father Emperor. It seems that this old one should have A-Heng go into the palace to provide your name. There will be no need for you to participate in the coming exam!"