Some Things Can't Be Bought With Money

Feng Yu Heng suddenly began giggling, "Father, I am your daughter. Why is it that when I just said a few words, father looks at me as though I am the enemy?" She pretended to look carefully: "Oh, there's some sweat on your forehead. Is father feeling hot?" She said this then pulled open all of the curtains in the carriage. Thinking a little more, she also pulled open the front curtain. There was a northerly wind today, so it rushed straight into the carriage, freezing Feng Jin Yuan and turning his lip purple.

"What are you doing? Quickly close the curtain."

But she did not feel much, as it did not appear that she feel anything from the cold wind blowing in her face. Her expression, however, was cold like the wind that blew outside.

"A-Heng has a question that I really want to ask father." Facing the wind, her voice sounded like flowing water, "If eldest princess Kang Yi mentions wanting the method for producing steel, would father still agree as readily today and happily accompany her?"

Feng Jin Yuan's teeth clattered. Upon hearing this question, he immediately said: "Of course not! The method for producing steel is related to the national security of Da Shun. How could father be so foolish?"

"Oh." She nodded, "Indeed, it is currently foolish. It's good that father knows it."

"What currently foolish?" Feng Jin Yuan was nearly muddled by her roundabout words, "Hundred Herb Hall is just a shop that is open for business. What is wrong with going to take a look? People come and go in the streets. Who wouldn't take a peek inside!"

"Un." She pondered a little, "That's also true. Since father said that you are only going to take a look, then just take a look." Saying this, she leaned back in the carriage and closed her eyes to rest.

Feng Jin Yuan was angry and at a loss. He could only stand up and close the curtains on his own. Only then did he manage to recover a bit of a warm feeling.

Under an hour later, the carriage stopped. Feng Yu Heng opened her eyes the instant the carriage stopped, giving Feng Jin Yuan a bit of a scare.

"You were clearly awake, so why pretend to sleep." He was unable to stop himself from scolding her.

But Feng Yu Heng said to him seriously: "Father is incorrect. Daughter was truly sleeping. This is just a skill that has seen much use since living in the Northwest. No matter how deep my slumber, as long as there is some slight change in the surroundings, I will immediately wake up. Otherwise, I fear that daughter and Zi Rui would have been eaten by a fierce bear in the mountains, and not even our bones would remain. This is an experience that father granted us. A-Heng thanks father." After she finished speaking, she lifted the curtain and exited the carriage. Huang Quan also followed behind her.

Feng Jin Yuan vowed that he absolutely would not sit in the same carriage as Feng Yu Heng when returning to the manor. When he exited the carriage, he quietly told his personal servant: "Quickly return to the manor and bring another carriage over."

The servant had been sitting with the carriage driver outside the entire time. Although he did not understand why another carriage had to be brought over, when he saw Feng Jin Yuan's ugly expression, he immediately understood. Perhaps it was the second young miss that caused some trouble for master. He could not help but silently admire Feng Yu Heng. This was the first time that he had seen such a domineering young miss.

Feng Jin Yuan exited the carriage then headed straight to Kang Yi and Ru Jia's carriage behind them. Ru Jia had already exited the carriage. When he went over, he arrived just in time to personally help Kang Yi out of the carriage.

Kang Yi kindly said to him: "Many thanks, Lord Feng." There was even a fawning expression on her face that only Feng Jin Yuan could see.

Feng Jin Yuan's heart was once again brimming with confidence. He no longer thought about the mocking that he had just suffered at the hands of Feng Yu Heng, as he began to happily introduce Kang Yi: "This is the Hundred Herb Hall. The neighboring Hundred Herb Restaurant was also opened by Hundred Herb Hall. Look at the people lining up. It's like this every day. I never thought that there would be people coming during the new year's celebration."