Truly Does Not Give Face

The matriarch trembled, as she nearly thought that Chen shi had revived.

Immediately following this, she saw a person rush in. While crying and shouting, she dove towards Fen Dai.

Behind her, a few maidservants followed her in saying: "Concubine mother, slow down! Be careful of your belly!"

Only then did she realize that it was Han shi! But she did not think that Han shi, who was going to dive towards Fen Dai would actually turn around and begin grasping for Chen Yu. Like claws, she reached her hands towards Chen Yu's face.

The matriarch was scared silly. Chen Yu's face had always been the thing that the Feng family took most pride in. Although there were times she felt that this granddaughter would become a wreck because of her beauty, Feng Jin Yuan valued Chen Yu. She could not allow anything to happen to Chen Yu while Feng Jin Yuan was away from the capital.

Thus she hurriedly said: "Quickly stop her! Eldest young miss absolutely must not be hurt!"

The maidservants, along with granny Zhao, all went to stop Han shi and managed to stop her. Once Han shi saw that her plan had failed, she immediately gave up then turned towards Fen Dai. But once she saw the blood on Fen Dai's face, she was so frightened that she was nearly unable to breathe and nearly fainted.

"Quickly help her find a seat!" The matriarch so was anxious that she almost wanted to hop out of bed, "Help her breathe. Pat her back. Ah! You're pregnant right now, so how can you still be so rash? Even if you do not think of yourself, how about thinking more about the child in your belly?"

Han shi had enjoyed a period of living in style thanks to her pregnancy, so she had ceased being respectful towards the matriarch a long time ago. Just as she became able to breathe, she immediately began screaming: "Fourth young miss is also one of the Feng family's children. Mother-in-law, how come you would allow her to suffer such grievances? How come you don't know to feel distressed for her?"

"When have I not felt distressed for her?" The matriarch was furious and wanted to beat Han shi with her pillow, but thinking of the child in her belly, she could only put it down. "If it were not for you suddenly barging in and wildly screaming, I was preparing to have someone call for a doctor!"

"You're blaming me for screaming?" Han shi pointed at Fen Dai and said: "Fourth young miss' face has already become like this, so how come you don't scratch up the main culprit's face?"

At this time, Yi Lin and Xing'er were both standing in front of Chen Yu to prevent Han shi from suddenly rushing over.

Chen Yu anxiously hid behind the two servants. Seeing that there was a moment of respite, she quickly said: "Concubine mother Han is mistaken. I did not harm fourth sister! It was fourth sister herself who broke a vase in my room. Then, out of carelessness, she stepped on a broken shard and fell. That is what caused her facial injury!"

Hearing her mention the vase, Fen Dai immediately said: "I did indeed break the vase by accident, and that is the reason you wanted to kill me!" She looked to the matriarch and hastily said: "Grandmother, you do not know, but there was something fishy in eldest sister's vase! There was a weird cloth bag inside, and I saw it. I went to pick it up, but eldest sister rushed forward to push me, causing me to fall. Her servant then picked it up and ran away. With an injury to my face, I could only send my servant to go chase."

The matriarch was dazed by what she heard, "Didn't you just say that your face was cut by a knife?"

"I..." Fen Dai nearly bit her own tongue. Why had she been in a rush to mention a knife? "Granddaughter was muddled. It was not a knife. It was a piece of the vase."