Long Time No See

Ru Jia's words had attracted everyone's attention. The group also got up from their seats and walked to the entrance. When they went out, Ru Jia had already crossed the street.

Across the street was a wonton stall, and they saw Ru Jia walk over to a man that was in the middle of eating wontons. Slapping his shoulder, she loudly said: "Do you not feel like this is disgraceful? Have you never eaten wontons or something? Running out to eat wontons on the side of the road during new year's celebrations. You really are a country bumpkin."

Feng Yu Heng looked over and saw that the prince of Zong Sui, Li Kun, was holding a bowl of wonton soup and eating. Ru Jia slapping his shoulder gave him a fright, nearly causing him to throw the bowl.

Kang Yi helplessly heaved a sigh and walked over while saying: "Ru Jia, you must not be so impolite." She then personally apologized to Li Kun: "This child is unreasonable. Your Highness, please do not lower yourself to her level."

Li Kun did not think much of it, as he put down the bowl and stood up to salute Kang Yi: "It's fine." He then looked at Ru Jia and asked in confusion: "This prince eating wontons, how is it disgraceful?"

Ru Jia rolled her eyes, "Does Zong Sui not have wontons? In any case, you are a prince. Even if it is a vassal state, you must have some dignity. Don't go losing all of Zong Sui's face for nothing."

Li Kun's expression became a little ugly, as Kang Yi helplessly said once more: "Your Highness, you absolutely must not argue with a young child." With this being said, he became even angrier. Ru Jia was already of marriageable age, so how could she still be considered a child?

But she had her mother at her side, forcefully insisting that she was still a young child that did not understand anything. Could it be that he really could not argue with her. Li Kun was silently angry, so he decided to just ignore the mother and daughter pair, only saying to Feng Yu Heng: "I never thought that this lowly prince would run into county princess while eating wontons. Thinking about it, there really is fate. This lowly prince pays respects."

Feng Yu Heng smiled and returned the salute, saying: "The wonton stall in front of Hundred Herb Hall does indeed make delicious food. His Highness Prince Yu and I come here to eat quite often. Imperial daughter Tian Ge has also come to eat a few times." Just a few words made it clear that the prince and imperial daughter of Da Shun have also come here, so how was eating wontons undignified?

Ru Jia could hear that she intended to help Li Kun, so she could not help but feel a little stifled. Glaring fiercely at Feng Yu Heng, she quietly muttered: "... secretly helping others."1

This was heard by Li Kun, who could not help but freeze and ask: "What secret help? We are both special envoys from vassal states. How come county princess is closer to you, while more distant from this prince?"

Feng Yu Heng took the initiative to dispel his doubts: "Because the two princesses have begun living at the Feng manor, it might be that the princess believes herself to be a member of the Feng family."

"Oh!" Li Kun nodded, 'So it was like that."

Kang Yi and Ru Jia were left speechless. If they denied that they were members of the Feng family, then this matter would become a subject of ridicule, and people would constantly joke about it. If they admitted it, what would they become?

Either way, Kang Yi was a little embarrassed, and she could only scold Ru Jia once more, saying that she did not understand anything.

At this time, however, Li Kun said to Feng Yu Heng: "This lowly prince went to Pu Du Temple yesterday and requested a jade turtle from the venerated temple. With the head monk personally blessing it, it will protect the unity of family and give safety with each day. I was originally thinking of personally visiting county princess' manor at a different day; however, since we have met today, I will send this new year's gift today." Saying this, he informed his attendant: "Quickly return to the posthouse and have a servant bring the jade turtle to the county princess' manor."