Emergency at the Military Camp

Fen Dai leaned back in the carriage and slightly closed her eyes, beginning to think about a great many things. After just a moment, she ordered Pei'er: "When we return to the manor in a bit, find someone to go investigate the Li Palace. I must know about everything related to the Li Palace. Also, go investigate what exactly is going on with the white crystal earrings. Eldest sister gifted me such a thing and pushed me into the deep pit known as the Li Palace, so we must use this opportunity to fill up the hole."

Han shi was a little scared, "What exactly are you going to do?"

Not waiting for Fen Dai to respond, Pei'er pondered a little then began to comfort Han shi: "Concubine mother, fourth young miss is right."

"What nonsense are you spouting?" Han shi angrily pinched Pei'er, causing a couple tears to appear from the pain.

Fen Dai, however, rolled her eyes, faintly saying: "Why are you in such a rush? Why do you not let Pei'er finish speaking?"

Han shi angrily said: "What good things can she possibly say?"

"Concubine mother!" Pei'er felt wronged and said: "Fourth young miss' way of thinking is indeed correct! Think about it, which manor does not have wives and concubines? Not to mention that this is a prince's palace, even our prime minister's manor's master took in quite a few!"

Upon hearing this, Han shi became infuriated, but she did not act out. Instead, she endured and allowed Pei'er to continue speaking.

Pei'er continued: "Prince Li is a prince, so it's normal for him to have a few more women. Moreover, they were all brought in before he met the fourth young miss. There is no need for us to get angry. What's important is to not look at what Prince Li has done, instead we must look at what he will do!"

Han shi frowned, "Your meaning is..."

"So long as fourth young miss can capture his Highness Prince Li's heart, wouldn't all those concubines need to kowtow to young miss? As for the other secondary princesses, either way, they are not favored. They can be slowly taken care of later on. So long as his Highness' heart is with our young miss, the power will be with young miss."

Han shi's mind finally reached an understanding, but she continued to frown, "How do you plan on capturing the heart of a man like that? Just how old is fourth young miss? It's possible that his Highness the fifth prince's heart will grow cold before you even marry into the palace."

"Then we will keep him under wraps the entire time! Wouldn't it be fine to just make sure he does not become cold." Pei'er looked at Fen Dai and said: "After returning to the manor, this servant will immediately send someone to investigate the matter with the white crystal. We must think carefully and thoroughly to capture his Highness the fifth prince's heart. So long as young miss receives his favor, nobody will dare to trouble us."

Fen Dai grinned from ear to ear, "That's right. Oh Pei'er, it's no loss that you are my personal servant. Sure enough, you think very similarly to me. I was originally curious as to why the fifth prince would take an interest in me, but it truly is related to that pair of earrings. This is also good. At least it provides us with a place to start."

"That's also good." Han shi felt that Fen Dai seemed to have matured, and her plans seemed to have become more and more grand. Even though something like this had happened, she did not become too flustered. Instead, she could immediately analyze the situation and make a decision. If this were her instead, she definitely could not do it. "But I am still a little worried about eldest young miss. She turned around and gifted that pair of earrings, clearly harboring an intention of harming you. What if she continues to scheme against you after you return?"