A Thief Has Come

Gu Shu?

The people in the Feng family all began to ponder. Even Feng Yu Heng was unable to avoid taking a look.

Gu Shu from the Southern border was separated from Da Shun by an uninhabited area. It was similar to Qian Zhou, as both were on the extremes. One was covered in ice for the entire year, and one was extremely hot. This led to the people of Qian Zhou having whiter skin, while the people of Gu Shu had darker skin.

The rules for the four surrounding countries was for two to come during the first, and the other two would come on the 15th. Today was the sixth, so it was not too surprising for the special envoy from Gu Shu to have arrived. But she had some doubts. Why would the special envoy from Gu Shu come to the Feng manor?

Feng Jin Yuan's question immediately received a response, as that person said: "Prime minister Feng has good eyes. This lowly prince is the second prince of Gu Shu, Fan Tian He. Greetings to Prime minister Feng." Raising the corners of his lips, he saluted Feng Jin Yuan. When he stood back up, his face became even more feminine.

Even though she felt very guilty and a little embarrassed, upon hearing that they were from Gu Shu, the matriarch feared that she would cause problems for Feng Jin Yuan, thus she quickly said to Fan Tian He: "So your Highness was from Gu Shu. Please do not blame this old one for mistaking your identity. It truly is a grave mistake."

The woman at Fan Tian He's side interjected: "Elder madam is being too severe. Us siblings came very abruptly and should apologize to you."

Feng Jin Yuan quickly asked: "Would you be the princess of Gu Shu?"

Fan Tian He nodded, "My younger sister is called Fan Tian Man, and she is the seventh princess of Gu Shu."

Fan Tian Man giggled and saluted to Feng Jin Yuan: "Paying respects to Prime minister Feng."

Feng Jin Yuan quickly returned a salute, "I don't dare. Paying respects to the princess."

As the group stood in the yard exchanging greetings, the matriarch quickly reminded Feng Jin Yuan: "Quickly invite his Highness and the princess to sit in the hall."

Who knew that Fan Tian He would wave his hand and say: "No need. This lowly prince came today to send some things and will be leaving after that." Saying this, he clapped his hands, and a group of people came in from outside the manor with large boxes.

Feng Jin Yuan was puzzled, "Your Highness, these are..."

Fan Tian He did not respond to his question. Instead, he turned to Kang Yi, "Upon entering the capital, this lowly prince heard that eldest princess was living in a prime minister's manor, so I also came chasing over. These are gifts brought as a betrothal gift from Gu Shu to request a marriage with the eldest princess of Qian Zhou."

"What?" Feng Jin Yuan immediately became angry, "What does your Highness from Gu Shu intend?"

Fan Tian He's eyes continued to stare at Kang Yi, completely ignoring Feng Jin Yuan. It was the younger sister to his side, Fan Tian Man, who spoke up for him: "Imperial brother's meaning is that he is asking the eldest princess of Qian Zhou for her hand in marriage. Speaking of this matter, it is truly unrelated to Lord Feng. It is just that eldest princess is living here, thus we have come to disturb you. At a later date, we will definitely bring a gift for Lord Feng!"

With her providing an explanation, Fan Tian He also began speaking to Kang Yi: "Gu Shu and Qian Zhou have two seasons between the two of Winter and Summer. If it were not because we were coming to Da Shun to offer tribute, it would truly be too difficult to meet up. This lowly prince was fortunate to have met eldest princess eight years ago on the border of Qian Zhou, and I have not forgotten after all these years. Having already asked permission from my father emperor, I was especially given this opportunity to come to Da Shun to offer gifts to eldest princess. I hope that eldest princess will look upon me with favor."