Wait to See Something Truly Lively

Fen Dai's question was also something the matriarch was wondering. Why did Huang Quan come to the Feng manor in the middle of the night?

But Feng Yu Heng looked at Fen Dai in wonder, replying with a question: "What do you mean, your Feng manor? I am the Feng family's daughter of the first wife. It should be our Feng manor. Also, as the daughter of the first wife, for me to send someone to patrol at night, could it be that I would need to ask permission from fourth sister?"

"You..." Fen Dai was rendered completely speechless.

That's right, Feng Yu Heng was the Feng family's daughter of the first wife. No matter what she did, was it something the daughter of a concubine could concern herself with?

"Fortunately, I sent Huang Quan to patrol, otherwise, if something this serious happened to third sister, what should be done?" She said this while looking at the matriarch. She then continued: "Although A-Heng spent the entire day in the manor reflecting on my mistakes, the manor's servants can still go out. Yesterday, when Huang Quan visited the Yu Palace, she happened to see his Highness Prince Chun there. His Highness even asked how third sister was. A-Heng was wondering, if something really happened to third sister just now, I fear his Highness Prince Chun would come ask grandmother for an explanation."

The matriarch had begun trembling, as she felt a true fear well up inside herself.

Fen Dai had never been one to let people off easily with what they said. She was unable to attain victory last time, but after a little thought, she spat out some more questions: "Wasn't second sister punished with reflecting on your mistakes? How come you've wandered over to this side?"

Feng Yu Heng said without hesitation: "Reflection requires a peaceful state of mind. With you guys causing a large ruckus here in the middle of the night, how am I supposed to reflect?" Saying this, she turned her gaze towards Han shi. Although Fen Dai was between them, Han shi still stole some looks over and happened to notice this gaze. This scared her so much that her hair stood on end. After a couple gasps, she heard Feng Yu Heng say: "Why does concubine mother Han's complexion seem worse than third sister's?"

"I... I..." Han shi was unable to construct a sentence due to her nervousness.

Instead, it was Fen Dai who reacted and spoke up: "My concubine mother's body is unwell, so her complexion will naturally be poor."

"What?" Feng Yu Heng took another couple steps forward, "I am a doctor. How about I take a look at her?"

Han shi trembled and subconsciously retreated. Fen Dai also became anxious and quickly said: "No need, no need. Second sister is the daughter of the first wife, and concubine mother is nothing more than a concubine. We could not afford second sister personally examining her."

She no longer insisted and stopped where she stood, saying: "Fourth sister remembering that I am the daughter of the first wife is good. Even if I was not, I am still your elder sister. Just the same, third sister is also your elder sister. If word of a younger sister disrespecting an elder sister were spread, I fear that younger sister will have a hard time when discussing marriage in the future. I hope you understand this reasoning."

"Fen Dai is simply young. A-Heng, do not scare her." Sitting on her soft chair, the matriarch suddenly said this. This was the first time she had ever spoken up for Fen Dai.

Fen Dai silently celebrated. It was rare that the matriarch would support her this once, so the young girl was a little moved. Grinning, she quickly rushed over to the matriarch and said in a fawning voice: "Grandmother, Fen Dai did not mean to cause second sister to get angry."

The matriarch, however, did not have any thoughts of comforting her. In fact, she did not even look at her. Instead, she turned her gaze to Xiang Rong and said: "It's good that you are fine. Now that you father is not in the capital, if something happened to you, what sort of explanation should I give to Jin Yuan!" The matriarch said this while wiping away a tear.