How is my County Princess' Manor Related to the Feng Family?

Hearing what the matriarch said, a hint of joy appeared in Kang Yi's eyes, but she still shook her head and said: "Many thanks elder madam, but I am a special envoy that has come to Da Shun. Living in the home of an official is clearly not proper and unseemly. It will make the Feng family the subject of much gossip."

"Hah!" Feng Jin Yuan waved his hand, "How could there be so much idle gossip. Our Da Shun is warm and welcoming. Even if the person with eldest princess today were not Jin Yuan, they would also extend such an invitation. That's why there is no need for eldest princess to mind."

"Really?" Ru Jia began smiling. She then leaned close to Kang Yi: "Mother, let's move here, is that ok? Ru Jia does not like the posthouse at all. Ru Jia likes living with uncle Feng. Also, look at elder madam. Elder madam has a kind expression and is very kind! Ru Jia likes elder madam."

These words nearly coaxed the matriarch into recognizing her as her own granddaughter. She repeatedly said to Kang Yi: "Look, young princess also likes it here. How about you just move in!" She also began to use words like "you," which made the two very familiar.

Kang Yi was a little troubled. Looking at the hospitable Feng Jin Yuan then at the expectant Ru Jia, only then did she sigh and say: "Ru Jia has had a hard life. She has been without father since she was young. Her uncle Emperor and I have always hoped that she could live a better life. Since she likes it, then... we will be moving!"

Hearing Kang Yi agree, the matriarch smiled so widely that her eyes turned into slits, as she said: "Good! Good! Just have some people go back to the posthouse later and fetch your things. Just move in today!"

Feng Jin Yuan was also happy, nodding in agreement: "That's right. Coming over early, there will be things to take care of. Mother has not been this happy for a long time. Kang... eldest princess, thank you."

Kang Yi heard Feng Jin Yuan nearly call her by name, and she could not help but blush. Lowering her head, she did not say anything else.

At Feng Yu Heng's side, An shi quietly sighed, completely helpless. Jin Zhen lowered her head and wiped away tears with her handkerchief. Chen Yu stared at the people in front of her. Every now and then, she would appear to have an idea, but nobody knew what these ideas were.

The matriarch's side laughed for a while then felt that the people across from her seemed to be a bit distanced from this atmosphere. Thus she took the initiative to wave to them: "Why do you guys not say anything? Chen Yu, eldest princess protected you earlier. You should be a little closer with eldest princess."

Chen Yu quickly revealed a smile and said: "It was granddaughter being unreasonable. Seeing grandmother and eldest princess chat so happily, I did not dare say anything."

Kang Yi looked at Chen Yu with a smile and only said: "Eldest young miss was born truly beautiful. This one is unable to avoid wanting to look a little longer."

Feng Jin Yuan was in a very good mood, frankly saying: "Chen Yu, come here. Sit next to eldest princess."

Chen Yu was flatted by the sudden favor and moved. She appeared to be very happy.

The matriarch then looked at Feng Yu Heng and did not dare talk to her the way she had with Chen Yu, only asking: "Is A-Heng enjoying the food? Take a look at what food you like. We can have the servants prepare more."

Feng Yu Heng faintly smiled and said: "I am already full. Grandmother was chatting very happily with eldest princess and did not notice that A-Heng had already tried all of the dishes." While saying this, she pointed to some of the newly arrived dishes and said: "These are really delicious. A-Heng had the servants prepare some more, especially that dish of bamboo shoots. They are most soothing for the throat."