When the Cat's Away, the Mice Will Play

The atmosphere was wrong. This was something Huang Quan also noticed, as she saw Han shi's personal servant, A Ju, screaming at one of the guards while holding a hand on her hip. After shouting for a while, she even reached out and pointed at housekeeper He Zhong: "I say housekeeper He, can you be a little more attentive? This celadon vase is madam's favorite. It was gifted by master when madam entered the manor! If you broke it, you could not afford the atonement."

Upon hearing this, He Zhong's face revealed a helplessness, but he did not want to argue with a servant, thus he only said a few words of agreement: "Don't worry." He then carried the vase through the front yard and headed south.

Feng Yu Heng was confused: "I left the manor for just over one month, and the manor already has a new head wife?"

Huang Quan said: "How could that be, prime minister Feng still has not returned. Who conferred the title of head wife?"

"Did you not hear them say madam?" She said this while taking a few steps forward. At that time, A Ju also happened to turn around and caught a glimpse of Feng Yu Heng.

Upon seeing that Feng Yu Heng returned to the manor, A Ju was suddenly stunned. It was as though she had suffered an incredibly large shock, all but turning to run away.

Feng Yu Heng waved to her, "Come here."

A Ju hated that she could not stand in place, as she did not want to take a single step towards Feng Yu Heng.

The second young miss who had not appeared for more than a month. She had heard that she left the capital, so why had she suddenly returned?

Seeing that the servant did not move the entire time, Huang Quan lost her patience and angrily walked over. Grabbing hold of A Ju's collar, she dragged her over to Feng Yu Heng.

A Ju's face paled from fear, as she repeatedly said: "Don't kill me! Don't kill me!"

Feng Yu Heng smiled and said: "Who said we would kill you? Since when had the Feng manor's servants become so well versed at speaking and begin inventing stories about the young miss of the first wife?"

"No no no!" Huang Quan let go, and A Ju dropped directly to her knees, "Second young miss, please spare me! Second young miss, please spare me!"

With Feng Yu Heng returning to the manor, the maidservants and male servants who were running around carrying things all gathered around to greet her. She looked at the things in the servants' hands and became even more puzzled, "Is the manor moving?" After asking, she looked again at A Ju and said once more: "You have taken care of concubine mother Han for many years, and she took care of you without slighting you. Although concubine mother Han's monthly allowance is limited, and she does not have any shops from her maternal family to supplement her, giving her no way of allowing her servant to be dignified in front of the other servants, you still can not do something like betray your master!"

A Ju was stunned, what did she mean betray her master? "This servant did not betray her master!"

"You still say you did not? You impudent servant. I personally heard it, yet you still dare to argue? Huang Quan, slap her!"

"Yes." Huang Quan did not care about those matters. Hearing Feng Yu Heng's orders, she did not say anything extra and picked A Ju up once more. Raising her hand, she began slapping her left and right.

Like this, she slapped her 20 times! How strong was Huang Quan. She struck A Ju so much that she was nearly unable to open her eyes.

Only then did Feng Yu Heng say: "Alright, that's enough. We still need to leave her able to answer my questions."