There's Something in the Vase

When she first entered the yard, she only felt that Yao shi's complexion was a little poor, but it was not very noticeable; therefore, she thought that it was just a lack of sleep from the cold of Winter and worrying about her children. But while she chatted with Yao shi, she would occasionally grab hold of Yao shi's wrist, and she found that Yao shi's situation was not as optimistic as she had hoped.

There was a certain feeling that something was regularly exhausting Yao shi's body. With a little bit happening each day, it was neither too little nor too much. It was precisely within the range that could not be detected by doctors. Because it was not a large amount being extracted, Yao shi herself did not notice the abnormalities with her own body. In fact, she did not even feel a little uncomfortable.

She dared to ascertain that even if an imperial physician from the palace came, it would not be noticed at all. If it were not for her adding medicine to each meal based on Yao shi's situation, perhaps she would not have even survived to this point.

Now that she had been given medicine for half a year, Yao shi's body began regress, so she had wasted her time giving her medicine for half a year, as it seemed that she had regressed to her state when she was in the Northwest.

Beginning to ponder, she waved for a servant to come over: "Go to madam's courtyard and call Qing Ling over. Tell her I have something to ask her."

The servant complied and left. Not long later, she returned with Qing Ling.

Qing Ling saw that Feng Yu Heng was looking for her, so she knew that it was definitely related to Yao shi's condition, thus she spoke in detail about it, starting with dressing her and giving her food. She also spoke about occasionally going out to visit Princess Wen Xuan, and then she spoke about receiving the letter from Xiao Zhou and rejoicing over second young mister being able to return for the new year.

Feng Yu Heng listened and did not hear anything out of the ordinary. She asked Qing Ling: "The medicine I have advised you to add to madam's food, are you still adding it?"

Qing Ling nodded, "I am still adding it without missing a single meal. As young miss requested, it is being able for all three meals and at different amounts. This servant has personally watched the chef add it." She found that Feng Yu Heng's expression was a little off and could not help but ask: "Has something happened?"

Feng Yu Heng shook her head, "It's fine. It's just been too long since I have come back, so I need to ask a little bit more." She did not want to tell Qing Ling about it, fearing that it would add to Yao shi's burdens, so she only said: "Tomorrow morning will be the last time you use the old medicine. I will provide a new one tomorrow. There is no need for you to tell madam about the changing of medicine, so that she will not need to worry about it."

"Yes." Qing Ling nodded, "This servant saw that young miss' complexion was not good and might be tired. Young miss, please rest earlier."

"Un." She did not say anything else and waved for Qing Ling to leave.

She trusted Qing Ling. This girl was different from Qing Shuang. She had entered the manor earlier and had been at Yao shi's side the entire time. The way she worked left people feeling at ease.

Since there was no problem with the medicine, then there was definitely a problem somewhere else.

That night, Feng Yu Heng did not sleep much. Her mind was a mess, as she was thinking about Yao shi's matter. She even went with Huang Quan and Ban Zou to the kitchen to investigate. But reality proved that everything was normal at Tong Sheng pavilion's kitchen. Even the kitchen staff and Yao shi's servants were investigated without any problems appearing.