Our Xiang Rong Also Has Support

Fen Dai's question caused Han shi to become dazed. She had said it casually and did not think she had unwittingly made a confession, saying something she should have revealed.

Seeing Fen Dai's gaze become filled with more and more doubt, A Ju quickly came up with an idea and said: "It was this servant who heard about it. Perhaps it was this servant that was muttering about it before fourth young miss came in, and concubine mother Han heard it."

Han shi nodded repeatedly, "That's right, I felt in my dream that there seemed to be someone saying something about third young miss falling into the water. I originally thought it was a dream. And just now, you said that something happened, so I mixed them up." She said this tilting her head, "Ah, in my drowsiness, my mind was a mess, and I kept spouting nonsense. Where would anyone fall into water in the middle of the night."

Fen Dai felt this explanation was passable and no longer doubted her. She even gave Han shi and explanation: "She did indeed fall into the water. What exactly happened, I am not sure. You rest for now. I will go over and take a look first." After saying this, she advised A Ju: "You absolutely must take good care of concubine mother."

A Ju nodded and sent Fen Dai out of the room.

Only then did Han shi let out a long sigh of relief while patting her chest: "That scared me to death."

A Ju's small face was also pale white, "This servant was the one who was truly scared to death! Concubine mother needs to pay more attention, especially before the fourth young miss. You absolutely must not let anything slip!"

Han shi said with guilt: "I know. Just now, I was a little afraid. It won't happen again." Thinking a little more, she decided to sit up, "Help me get dressed. Let's also go over and take a look."

A Ju was stunned, "Didn't fourth young miss say for you not to go?"

"If I do not go, how can I be at ease." Han shi began putting her clothes on.

A Ju was puzzled: "Why would you not be at ease?" The third young miss did not have any relations with the concubine mother, this was something she knew.

Han shi frowned. When she pushed Xiang Rong into the water, A Ju was not at her side, as she had been sent back to her courtyard much earlier. She did not plan on telling anyone about this matter, so she could only find another excuse: "Whether or not I have become pregnant is still uncertain. Everyone else in the manor has gone, so it would definitely not be good if I did not go. What if elder madam blames me, I would have to accept it."

A Ju listened and felt that this was the case, so she did not ask anything else. She only reminded her: "Regardless of what happened over there, concubine mother absolutely must not get too worried. This servant heard that if the mother's state of mind is not peaceful when pregnant, it can affect the future young master."

Han shi agreed with this and nodded repeatedly, "You are correct."

"Ah." A Ju tidied up Han shi's clothes while sighing: "Concubine mother, this matter is truly too risky, but..." Doubt began to creep into the servant's heart, "Just now, you mentioned the side of the lake. What did you mean?"

Han shi frowned, and her state of mind became turbulent, "When I was coming back, I passed by that area, right. I seemed to have heard some sort of sound, but I was extremely nervous at that time. How could I worry about anything else. Upon hearing movement, I quickly ran. Just now when fourth young miss said it, I subconsciously recalled that matter."

"Oh." A Ju still felt that her explanation was a little forced, but since Han shi had said it, it would not be good for her to doubt her master: "Then let's quickly go over. This servant did indeed hear that the third young miss fell into the lake. Right now, the servants of the manor are all looking for her. This servant did not have a chance to tell concubine mother before fourth young miss barged in."