I Am Trying to Steal Your Limelight

The matriarch's first reaction was that something was about to happen. Seeing that Feng Jin Yuan and Kang Yi had stopped moving to look over, she was no longer able to sit still. She started to get up, but she was pushed back down by granny Zhao: "Elder madam, you absolutely must not move. You must remain steady today."

The matriarch sat back down helplessly, but her heart began to sway terribly. She snuck a look at the person officiating the wedding, Xuan Tian Qi, and saw that he acted as though he had not seen anything. He continued to stand there without looking away, and a festive smile remained on his face. Thus she consoled herself, repeatedly saying to herself: Learn from him a little more. Learn from him a little more.

At this time, the reaction from the people outside developed even further, as a young miss from who knew which family shouted: "Is that county princess Ji An? What is she wearing?"

Upon hearing that Feng Yu Heng had arrived, the matriarch could not help but feel her heart tighten. Feng Yu Heng had not arrived for the entire morning, so she always felt that something would happen, and now something had happened.

With the matriarch speculating and the people outside discussing, a young girl in pink entered the room from the door on the right side. Everyone stared at her clothes and felt as though the pink of the dress made it look as though it had been covered by flower petals in Summer. It was lifelike and dazzling, but it did not cause feelings of envy. There was not a single crease in the fabric. Not only were there no creases, even with the snow falling, it did not leave a single mark. This caused people to feel that it was like something that floated among the clouds, like fog or smoke, and that it had come from some mystical place.

This sort of dazzling sight had completely stolen away the bride's glory. The people that had been concentrating on Kang Yi's moon palace silk veil immediately focused their attention over.

Everyone was dazed. After a long time, someone said: "Those clothes... are made of refined cloud silk? Gu Mo's refined cloud silk?"

Someone that was familiar with these things began to analyze: "Not just that. Look at the flowers sewn onto the fabric. They clearly do not look to have been sewn on, as they appear to have truly bloomed from the dress. In this heavy snowfall, it looks very delicate. To be able to achieve this effect, this is... moon palace silk was taken apart, and the threads were used to embroider them!"

Gasp!

Everyone inhaled sharply. Taking apart moon palace silk for is thread was perhaps something that even the imperial palace's imperial concubines could not do.

"Have you seen the gauze at her waist? If I have not made a mistake, that should be Gu Shu's national treasure, heavenly silk."

"Using refined cloud silk to make the clothes, moon palace silk for the embroidery, and heavenly silk as a decoration, speaking from that angle, all that's missing is commoner's brocade?"

"Idiot, although commoner's brocade comes in many shades of red, the most beautiful and most expensive is the bright red type that is used when making wedding clothes. Apparently, Gu Shu struggles to make even one bolt of this bright red commoner's brocade every ten years. Once it is completed and made into a wedding dress, it will give off a feeling of a phoenix being reborn from fire. It is sufficient to cause everyone in the world to applaud."

The people went back and forth with their discussion, as everyone's attention was gathered on this set of clothes. They had completely forgotten that they had come to observe the wedding ceremony. Not to mention the surprise of the females, even the men could not help but steal a couple sideways glances at this wondrous thing.

Feng Jin Yuan glared at the owner of these clothes, his second daughter, Feng Yu Heng. His gaze contained a piercing cold and extreme hatred. He absolutely did not think that Feng Yu Heng would actually wear this sort of clothes. What sort of face would he have left?