Prepare a Dowry for Your Daughter-in-Law

Zhang Yuan could understand the hidden meaning. Tugging at the Emperor's sleeve, he quietly said: "His Highness may mean that he wants Qian Zhou?"

The Emperor smirked: "That is someone else's country! Although it is Da Shun's vassal state, I cannot make that final decision!"

Zhang Yuan pulled on his sleeve once more: "Just take it over and you can."

"Scram!" The Emperor angrily raised his foot and kicked Zhang Yuan, "Get away from me!"

Zhang Yuan looked at the Emperor then took a couple steps back, not moving very far.

Feng Yu Heng pushed Xuan Tian Ming's wheelchair forward slightly, and Xuan Tian Ming began to brainwash the Emperor: "I know that you are older now and are no longer as passionate as when you were in your youth. But just because you can't do it anymore, don't you still have us? Our Xuan family has its roots in fighting wars. We must continue to expand our roots."

The Emperor could understand the hidden meaning of Xuan Tian Ming's words. He had become interested in Qian Zhou's matter. He suddenly recalled the moderately sized fire that had been started in the Xiang Palace not too long ago. A hidden guard that had been keeping watch over the Xiang Palace had come to report that before the fire broke out, eldest princess Kang Yi had secretly entered the Xiang Palace while wrapped up tightly. After that, county princess Ji An also stealthily entered the Xiang Palace. Even later, Prince Chun also entered. At that time, he felt that there was something odd about this. Unfortunately, his hidden guard was unable to tell what exactly had happened. The hidden guard was also unable to find out because nobody could enter Xuan Tian Ye's secret room. Could it be...

The Emperor slightly squinted his eyes and looked at Feng Yu Heng. This girl had whipped Xuan Tian Ye because he had harmed her mother. Now, however, the matter of Qian Zhou had been brought up. Could it be that this girl had heard something on that night?

The Emperor's direct gaze entered Feng Yu Heng's eyes. She knew that Xuan Tian Ming suddenly and clearly expressing his desire to eradicate Qian Zhou would lead to the Emperor having doubts. That was, in the end, still a country. If they did not provide a good reason, Da Shun suddenly dispatching troops would be unreasonable.

She helped Xuan Tian Ming's hand and said: "At this point, I will not hide it from father Emperor." She turned to look at the Emperor, "At the time that his Highness Prince Yu was injured, does father Emperor know who did it?"

The Emperor was startled. He did not think that Feng Yu Heng would suddenly mention this. Xuan Tian Ming's injury had always been the most painful thing for him. At the beginning, he had promised his beloved imperial concubine Yun that he would protect this son, but who knew that he would become so severely injured. At the very beginning, he thought that a man should be bold and valiant. Leading soldiers out to fight and ending up injured was a helpless matter, but it was still a matter of great glory. But after that, as time went on, he felt more and more that something was off. There were not many casualties or fatalities among the soldiers, but their lead general had been injured to this degree. What sort of logic was that?

The Emperor had once sent people to investigate, but they could only find that Xuan Tian Ming had been surrounded in the mountains of the Northwest. He had been injured by an arrow, but they could not find any further clues.

Now that Feng Yu Heng brought this up once more, he could not help but feel gloomy: "What exactly did you find out? Could it be... that this matter is related to Qian Zhou?"

Feng Yu Heng nodded, "Daughter-in-law once heard his Highness the third prince talking with eldest princess Kang Yi. The group responsible for attacking his Highness Prince Yu was the divine archery squad from Qian Zhou. Their information came from informants planted inside the Northwestern Army by his Highness the third prince. Also, the divine archery squad entered Da Shun using Feng Jin Yuan's relations."