The Drinker's Heart is Not in the Cup

"What is this? Fen Dai received the small box from Hong Yun. Opening it up to take a look, she only felt herself enveloped by a fragrance.

"It's a congealing cream." Hong Yun told her, "It will be very effective for the scar on your face. It will completely disappear after a month of use."

"Really?" Fen Dai was filled with joy.

Hong Yun nodded, "Really." She then asked: "Do you still want to learn how to dance?"

Fen Dai immediately took off her shoes and socks then stood in the snow. The cold caused even her teeth to chatter, but she still endured and said: "I will! Regardless of who it is for, I will learn how to do this dance!"

That night at the temple in Chen Yu's courtyard, Yi Lin was whispering something into Chen Yu's ear.

Not long after, Chen Yu's eyes revealed a ruthless viciousness, "Do it! It absolutely must be done! But this time, you are absolutely not allowed to fail. Go tell third uncle and have him find the very best people. They must handle it smoothly and cleanly. That girl is extremely astute, so make sure you do not leave any trace at all."

"This servant will go tell him." Yi Lin then said: "Third master also said that when the time comes, she will definitely go pick someone up. He hopes that young miss will delay her."

Chen Yu was a bit annoyed, "Delaying her is easier said than done. Why doesn't uncle take action sooner?"

Yi Lin told her: "Third master said the opposition will have a guard escort the entire time, and they will only be dismissed after arriving in the capital. That's why he chose to take action at this time."

"Forget it. I will find a way to delay her. Either way, it must succeed this time. If it fails once again, tell uncle that there will be no need for his interference over here. I will naturally take care of the people that get in my way."

Yi Lin nodded then looked at the candle that was almost exhausted. She could not help but say: "Young miss, rest a little or your eyesight will go. Either way, elder madam did not say that you had to complete the copying within a certain number of days. We can take it slowly."

Chen Yu, however, smiled and shook her head, saying: "How could I do this slowly. Father is almost back. I suffered grievances while he was away from the manor. If I do not make it show on my face, how could he show any compassion?"

Yi Lin's eyes lit up, as she said with a smile: "Young miss really is clever. Then this servant will bring in another two candles."

"Just bring in one! It would not be good if it were too bright."

The follow day before noon, everyone in the Feng manor gathered in Shu Ya courtyard to pay respects to the matriarch.

The day of Feng Jin Yuan's return to the capital drew nearer. Together with the approaching of the new year, the matriarch's face was full of joy.

Chen Yu had dark circles under her eyes, and the matriarch was a little distressed from seeing them, repeatedly telling her: "If you are unable to sleep well at night, just bring in a doctor and have them write a prescription to help you sleep. You can not continue like this. As I see it, you've lost some weight these past two days."

Yi Lin quickly responded for Chen Yu: "Perhaps elder madam does not know, but eldest young miss has been copying sutras in the temple every night until daybreak. She has already half done with copying sutras 100 times."

"So quickly?" The matriarch was truly shocked, and the distressed appearance on her face became even more noticeable, "I did punish you with copying sutras 100 times, but I did not say how many days you needed to complete them in. Why would you suffer such hardship?"