Spirit-Altering Drug

"Elder madam." The servant from Shu Ya courtyard spoke first, "A servant came from Tong Sheng pavilion saying that she was looking for concubine mother An."

Looking for An shi?

Everyone was stunned. Even An shi seemed to be surprised, as she looked at Feng Yu Heng. Seeing that she was also frowning, An shi felt her heart drop, as she quickly asked the servant: "What is it?"

The servant from Tong Sheng pavilion stepped forward and eagerly asked her: "Has concubine mother finished making today's pastries?"

An shi was startled then said: "I have not had a chance to make them yet. Why is there such a rush?"

The servant said: "Concubine mother did not make many pastries yesterday, so madam was always hoping for more after finishing what she had yesterday. She even continued thinking about it well into the night, causing her to not sleep well. First thing this morning, she began to hope that you could send some more over."

Everyone laughed upon hearing this, and Fen Dai was the worst at keeping her words to herself, rushing to say: "She really is amazing. She even chased all the way to grandmother's place for food!"

The matriarch was also puzzled, as some unhappiness filled her heart. Yao shi was a divorced woman. An shi sending her pastries was already quite good, so why did she come chasing for more when they were sent a little late? Going straight to An shi's courtyard to ask for them was fine. After all, they had a good relationship, but coming here was a problem of manners. This was treating the situation much too lightly!

She was unhappy and wanted to say something; however, at this time, Feng Yu Heng said: "The pastries made by concubine mother An are indeed very delicious, but fourth sister's words have reminded me. Concubine mother An, remember to also send some of those delicious pastries to concubine mother Han later."

An shi did not understand what was going on at all, but she could not ignore what Feng Yu Heng had said, thus she nodded, "Then this concubine will send some to Yu Lan courtyard when they are done."

When she spoke, Feng Yu Heng carefully observed her expressions; however, she did not notice anything. Looking then at Xiang Rong, she also had a confused expression. This caused her to begin to think.

Before the end of the year, she had felt that something was off about Yao shi's condition. Because of this, she had even swapped out all of the kitchen staff in Tong Sheng pavilion. She had even investigated all of the servants once more, but she could not find a single clue.

Who knew that the problem would lie in the only place that she did not check: An shi's pastries.

Upon hearing that pastries would also be sent to Yu Lan courtyard, she immediately refused: "Concubine mother will not eat anything that anyone sends. She will only eat the things made by the manor. There is no need for concubine mother An to trouble herself."

The matriarch felt annoyed from seeing them argue, thus she dismissed An shi: "Just quickly go back!"

"Wait!" Feng Yu Heng suddenly spoke in a cold voice then asked the servant from Tong Sheng pavilion: "Is mother asking for it urgently?"

The servant said: "Very urgent, extremely urgent. Madam has not even eaten breakfast today. She is only waiting to eat the pastries. Before this servant came out, madam just broke a vase in the room because the pastries did not come."

Feng Yu Heng immediately stood up. A ferocious look suddenly appeared in her eyes, as she glared towards An shi and Xiang Rong.

At this time, everyone in the Feng manor felt that something was not quite right. Kang Yi was the first to stand up and ask the servant from Tong Sheng pavilion: "Is your madam acting very emotional?"