Preparing to Produce Steel

During these three days, Feng Yu Heng did not leave the county princess' manor. She also refused a number of guests. She hid in the medicine storage room and dove into her pharmacy space. She did inventory on the items in the space before taking out some special medicines that could ease the effects of drug addiction along with some needles.

She placed these things in the most visible counter so that they could be taken out at a moment's notice.

Going to the military camp this time, Feng Yu Heng understood that her most important mission, aside from training the Divine Intent Army, was the production of steel. Producing steel was different from producing iron. The people of Da Shun had never been exposed to this technology, and she herself was not a professional blacksmith. What she had was knowledge of the theory, but she lacked experience. Without any steel-making blacksmiths handy, she had to choose some suitable blacksmiths to train. There was also a need for apprentices to be chosen carefully. Not only did the people training to produce steel need to be smart and diligent, they also had to be able to endure hardships. Most importantly, they had to have strong morals and convictions, and they had to be absolutely loyal to Da Shun.

She sat in front of a desk in her rest area. Spreading out a piece of paper, she went down through the procedure for producing steel in her head. She then took out a pen and wrote it down from the production of slag to melting to refining to the addition of carbon to pouring out the steel, a total of 20 steps were written down. At the same time, she also wrote down the method for each steps along with the things that required additional attention.

This was equivalent to giving herself a quick lesson. Speaking of, this knowledge was something that she had learned from a master of arms in the military. That person was quite odd. In the 21st century, everything was available ready-made, yet he liked to make everything from scratch. He did everything from acting as a blacksmith to making steel. All of the weapons that he had made were a little denser and were tougher than other weapons.

While he was producing steel, she had been curious and watched, but she had never actually done it herself. This process was something that she had memorized, but theory was just theory. Feng Yu Heng did not have a complete grasp on whether or not this would succeed. Everything still needed to be analyzed.

She remained in the space for one day and one night, coming out in the middle to eat. At all other times, she did not come out even once. She prepared herself to the fullest extent in order to produce steel. She also tidied up the blueprints for some weapons that she had designed, picking out some of the simpler and more practical designs for use. This would also be an improvement on the weapons that the soldiers of Da Shun were currently using.

When she finally finished her homework and came out of her space, Qing Yu was standing outside the door with a stack of accounts. Seeing her come out, she quickly said: "These are some reports for the shops from after the end of the year. Young miss will be heading to the military camp soon, so please take a look before leaving."

When Feng Yu Heng saw the reports, she felt her head swell. Thinking of when she had run her pharmacy, the accounts had been handled by a professional, who only showed her a summary. She pretty much only needed to provide a signature. Moreover, all of her business was done online, which left her with easy-to-read forms. Even if there was a need for her to check the accounts, she would rely on the automated software for businesses. Every time Qing Yu brought a pile of accounts for her to see, she felt her head swell. Even if she could bring them into her space to quietly calculate these things, she would still be annoyed.

Seeing that Feng Yu Heng was annoyed, there was nothing that Qing Yu could do: "This servant knows that young miss does not like seeing these things, but I do not know when young miss will be back. Only because of that did this servant bring these things over."