You May as Well Come Give Me Gifts

The Feng matriarch, who had just received a noble title, was immersed in joy for the entire day, and Feng Chen Yu would fawn on her even more, as she picked out some nice things from her personal storage and sent them to Shu Ya courtyard. To put it kindly, the matriarch was now a noble lady, so the furnishings in her room had to match her status.

Before anything happened to the Chen family, Chen Wan Liang secretly gave Chen Yu plenty of money. Although the majority had been obediently sent to Feng Yu Heng's hands, she still had over twenty thousand taels remaining.

Chen Yu was someone who was willing to spend her capital. Not only did she gift a bunch of furnishings, she even gave the matriarch a banknote for ten thousand taels that very afternoon, saying that it was to add to the happy event.

The matriarch had not really liked seeing Chen Yu after the event in Feng Tong County. After that, she would occasionally, change her opinion, but it was always in flux. Chen Yu had grown up in front of her, so how could she not understand the matriarch's personality. Whether someone was good or bad depended on the number of gifts she received. For the matriarch, there were times when wealth was more important than the Feng family's future.

Sure enough, after the busy day, the matriarch looked at the room filled with things and the banknote in her hand. Smiling widely, she whole-heartedly praised Chen Yu for being filial.

But at the same time, she was expecting her other granddaughters to express themselves to her, especially Feng Yu Heng. It had to be known that Chen yu's things were mostly things that Chen shi had left for her, or they were the leftovers of what the Chen family had given. No matter how good, they were nothing more than simple trinkets. But Feng Yu Heng's side had real gifts! Regardless of whether they were things gifted by the imperial palace or the Yu Palace. Which one of them would not be many times better than the leftovers given by Chen Yu?

As a result, she waited from before noon until after dinner time, but Feng Yu Heng did not even make an appearance. Not only did Feng Yu Heng not make an appearance, even Fen Dai and Xiang Rong did not make any movements. The matriarch was a little uneasy, as she hurried granny Zhao: "Have people go to each of the courtyards to take a look. What are they all doing?"

Granny Zhao was very helpless. Those that gave gifts would be considered people that were interested. You would go after the people that did not send anything? Moreover, they were all from the younger generation. Eldest young miss had money, but aside from the monthly allowances, what nice things could the third and fourth young misses have.

But the matriarch had spoken, so she could not choose to not go. She could only send some people to go inquire; however, she only dared to visit Fen Dai and Xiang Rong. She absolutely did not dare even approach Tong Sheng pavilion.

Not long later, the people that went to inquire returned. The person that went to Yu Lan courtyard said: "Concubine mother Han is not feeling very well, so fourth young miss is at her, side taking care of her. She is truly unable to leave her side. She said that she would definitely wake up early and come to kowtow to elder madam tomorrow."

The servant that had gone to Xiang Rong's side said: "Third young miss said that she has saved up some of her monthly allowance over the past half a year, and she will wake up early tomorrow to come and congratulate elder madam."

Upon hearing this, the matriarch's expression sank, "How little money is the monthly allowance?"

The servants' faces darkened. Lowering their heads, they no longer spoke. The matriarch muttered to herself for a while then also felt irritated, so she simply decided to wave her hand and dismiss the servants.

Granny Zhao helplessly advised her from the side: "Third young miss and fourth young miss do not have any support from their maternal families. They naturally will have less to offer. But elder madam, think about it a little, this is also fine. Without their maternal families, that would mean that they can only rely on the Feng family. From this day forward, regardless of which family they marry into, they will do their best for the Feng family. Unlike the eldest young miss, this servant will say something very inappropriate, but Chen shi previously caused many problems in the manor!"