This Prince Just Wants to See if You Have Any Shame

The Zhong Palace was definitely the most majestic part of the inner palaces. It was the largest and had the most servants, but it also had the most strict rules of the palace. The Emperor had given his love to imperial concubine Yun, and he had given power to the Empress. As for the other palaces, a few decades prior, favor was something that was evenly spread, but ever since imperial concubine Yun entered the palace, the other imperial concubines never saw a glimmer of favor.

When Xuan Tian Ming and Feng Yu Heng arrived, the Empress was apparently in the Heavenly Hall with the Emperor taking care of some matters. An older female official led the two to the side room where Ru Jia was currently staying. She then said to Feng Yu Heng in a very familiar fashion: "At the time Princess Xiang came into the imperial palace to be treated by county princess, she also stayed in the same side room."

Feng Yu Heng raised an eyebrow, "We did not come to treat her injuries."

Xuan Tian Ming patted the back of her hand, "Hah! It's fine to take a look; however, county princess' fee for an examination is extremely high."

Feng Yu Heng thought quickly and immediately understood, saying with a smile: "Right, at the time that I treated Princess Xiang's illness, the price of her treatment was a jade mine. Princess Ru Jia has such severe injuries, so it will be much more problematic to treat than Princess Xiang's illness."

"Then county princess should ask for more payment." While they spoke, they already arrived at the side room. The female officer reached out and pushed the door open, saying: "The palace has been sending an imperial physician every day to come and check on Princess Ru Jia's condition, but even the imperial physicians said that Princess Ru Jia has suffered internal injuries that have reached her heart. The palace has already begun using its good medicine, but the injury does not seem to be getting any better. Also, even if she recovered from her internal injuries, the wounds caused by a whip will leave scars."

The group entered the room just as an imperial physician was coming out. Seeing Xuan Tian Ming and Feng Yu Heng, he quickly paid his respects.

Xuan Tian Ming asked him: "What sort of medicines have you given that princess?"

The imperial physician pondered a little then replied: "The ginseng and ganoderma from the imperial pharmacy are all being used. Her Highness the Empress said that we should just give her any medicine that is good. If she cannot recover even with this, that princess from Qian Zhou can only blame life for her bad luck. Us servants are powerless."

Feng Yu Heng smiled to herself. Give her any medicine that is good. Without any concern about whether or not it was the right medicine, this was the Empress' attitude. At the same time, it was also the Emperor's attitude on this matter. Thinking of when Kang Yi had just entered the palace, it was clear that she had done some research into the imperial family of Da Shun. Playing the sympathy card, she prodded at the Emperor's soft spot and successfully made the Emperor reminisce about his sister.

Unfortunately, no matter how much he thought about his sister, it could not compare to Ru Jia insulting Xuan Tian Ming. The Emperor could endure anything, but he would not be careless in the slightest when it came to imperial concubine Yun and her son. When imperial concubine Yun became angry, he had nearly killed head imperial concubine Bu Bai Ping, while also killing Lord Bu. Now that Xuan Tian Ming was insulted, look at his current expression. He was basically doing his best to kill off Ru Jia with medicine.

Feng Yu Heng would occasionally think that it was fortunate that Xuan Tian Ming was someone who worked hard and was worthy of the Emperor's favor. If he was a worthless son, perhaps the entire Da Shun would be ruined in his hands.

While thinking of this, she pushed Xuan Tian Ming another few steps. At the same time, she said to the imperial physician: "Go write up a list of all the medicine that Princess Ru Jia has eaten. Write down how much of each was taken and keep track of it. You can go ask Qian Zhou for money later."