You Truly Do Not View Yourself as an Outsider

Ru Jia blankly tugged at Kang Yi's sleeve, as she angrily said: "Mother, this family bullies people a little too much. They are truly looking down on us!"

Kang Yi finally regained focus from being tugged at, and she immediately recovered her dignified aura. Looking at Zi Rui, her gaze gave off a maternal aura: "You are county princess Ji An's younger brother, right? When did you return to the capital? This one heard that you were studying away from home. That is why I had overlooked you. This was this one's mistake. Would it be fine if this one apologized to you?"

An adult taking the initiative to apologize to a child was already very rare; moreover, she was a princess. She thought to herself, any family's child should be satisfied with that. But Feng Zi Rui shook his head and cupped his hands, saying: "Eldest princess has been courteous. Zi Rui is indeed county princess Ji An's younger brother. There is no need for eldest princess to apologize to Zi Rui. Zi Rui was quiet and has no complaints. But, just now, Princess Ru Jia had complaints about Zi Rui's senior disciple, and this..."

"So what if I said something about your senior disciple?" Ru Jia rolled her eyes, "A guest has come to your home, yet you insist on going to play chess. Is he the king of heaven? Can't you just send a servant to dismiss him?"

Bang!

Feng Jin Yuan was truly unable to continue listening, as he fiercely slammed the table, shouting: "Princess Ru Jia! Please stop speaking!"

Ru Jia trembled in fear, and Kang Yi even realized that something was off, quickly scolding Ru Jia: "My dear child, how many times have I told you that you are no longer in Qian Zhou. Do you honestly believe that everyone will dote on you like your uncle emperor?"

Feng Jin Yuan could hear the unhappiness in Kang Yi's voice, but he had no time to worry about her happiness, simply saying: "This lowly one's son's senior disciple is none other than the current Emperor. I hope that the two princesses will forgive this prime minister for finding it difficult to tell you."

"What did you say?" Kang Yi's voice had changed, as she could not help but look toward Zi Rui. This child's senior disciple was the Emperor? Da Shun's ruler? Why had she not heard about it when she inquired about the Feng family? Kang Yi suddenly realized that there had been a problem somewhere in her information network. In her surprise, she suddenly stood up: "Prime minister Feng, Kang Yi did not know about this at all. Ru Jia was even more ignorant!"

Ru Jia was also dazed. She never thought that this brat had this sort of background? Also, did what she just said count as insulting the Emperor of Da Shun? Right before coming, her uncle emperor had said that she absolutely could not offend the Emperor of Da Shun.

"Those that are ignorant cannot be blamed." Feng Jin Yuan could see that Kang Yi and Ru Jia were clueless, so he could only smile and say: "This lowly one's son indeed does have an arrangement with his Majesty. This prime minister will have someone send him to the palace. With the feast already prepared, I will leave mother to accompany the two princesses!"

Kang Yi had a remorseful expression and said: "All right." She then looked at Feng Zi Rui: "Young master is a talented person. Today is Kang Yi's fault for not being thorough in considerations. I will definitely bring a gift at a different time to make up for it."

Zi Rui was not modest, saluting and saying: "Many thanks eldest princess. Zi Rui will be leaving." After saying this, he followed Feng Jin Yuan and quickly left.

Feng Yu Heng covered her mouth, as she found the look that Zi Rui gave her right before leaving extremely funny. This child... truly gave her face!

The group followed the matriarch to the hall to enjoy the feast. Normally, the Feng family was not very strict with the rules about where the wife and concubines sat. Because Feng Jin Yuan did not have a large number of concubines, they would all eat at the same table.