A Great Bargaining Chip

"Third brother, it's your turn." Feng Yu Heng passed the pot of wine back to Xuan Tian Ye, "Of course, if third brother does not dare drink it, just pour it out. A-Heng just wanted to give third brother a taste of something good, but I can not be too forceful."

The more she said this, the more Xuan Tian Ye felt that he had to drink it. A young girl had already drank it, so if he did not, what sort of situation would that become?

Deciding to grit his teeth, he picked up the pot and took a sip, but when he swallowed, he felt his heart begin to race.

Seeing him drink the wine, Feng Yu Heng let out another laugh, "Third brother, do not worry. Snake venom only activates in blood. Drinking it as wine will not be similar to drinking poison."

Xuan Tian Ye knew that she was a doctor, so she would be knowledgeable in such things. Either way, he had already drank it, so he no longer lingered on the topic. But he now felt even more dread towards Feng Yu Heng.

The two turned around to admire the flowers, and their gazes were turned to the tree where the snake's head was nailed. Xuan Tian Ye then suddenly said: "Being able to bring out a full set of white crystal head ornaments is truly rare. Eldest brother seems to have taken interest."

Feng Yu Heng lightly sighed, "Eldest sister has a good life, so she is naturally worthy of receiving such love. Unlike me, who was called the star of disaster by someone from a young age. If it were not for my engagement to his Highness Prince Yu from many years ago, I fear I would have remained in the manor as an old maiden lady."

"County princess really knows how to tell a joke." Xuan Tian Ye's face was expressionless, as his gaze continued to remain on that tree. Only by doing this could he remind himself what sort of girl he was speaking with. If he truly took her for a twelve year old little girl, it would truly be an extreme mistake.

"Hah." Feng Yu Heng smiled wryly and shook her head, "I am the star of disaster, and I was unable to heal his Highness Prince Yu's legs. I also lost the phoenix hairpin, and father Emperor... no longer treats me as he did before."

Hearing her mention the phoenix hairpin, Xuan Tian Ye's heart trembled.

The deity with miraculous hands had acted three times and actually did not acquire it. Where exactly was that thing? Could it be... he squinted his eyes and turned to look at Feng Yu Heng. Could it be that the girl still had it?

"The day is cold, and the ground is frozen. Is county princess not going to return?" He felt a wave of irritation in his heart, and he did not want to continue speaking with Feng Yu Heng. He continued to feel that this girl's words were digging deep pits for him. He had seen the first one, but it would difficult to ensure that there would be no other holes later on.

"I will remain a little longer, as the liveliness inside causes me to feel uncomfortable." Feng Yu Heng smiled to him, "Third brother can return first."

"Good, then let us drink again at another time." Xuan Tian Ye threw these words out and left with large strides. He always felt uncomfortably repressed when speaking with Feng Yu Heng. This girl's slyness made him not want to look at her.

But before he could get very far, he heard Feng Yu Heng seemingly mutter to herself: "Hah, if it's this cold in the capital, who knows how many will freeze to death in the North."

His eyebrows twitched a couple times, and he increased his pace.

Seeing him walk further away, Feng Yu Heng moved back to the stone chair and sat down. She then shouted into the air: "Come on out, don't continue hiding."

Not long after, the sound of footsteps came from behind a rock formation.

"When did younger sister discover this prince was here?" The person that had come was Prince Jing, Xuan Tian Qi.