Wait for a Little Father, Daughter Will Sharpen a Blade

The next day before noon, Feng Yu Heng and Feng Zi Rui had just finished paying respects at Shu Ya courtyard. Before they could leave the courtyard, the Feng family received news that young master Chen Qing had become drunk and harassed two women. After being caught, he was locked up by the governor.

This news very quickly made its way to the Feng manor. When Chen Yu heard about it, she was extremely shocked. She had clearly advised Chen Qing not to go out and to even avoid leaving his room, so how come he had gone out to drink?

Feng Jin Yuan was also furious. He knew Chen Qing's personality very well. He would believe word of anyone harassing women, but he definitely did not believe Chen Qing was able to do this sort of thing. He immediately sent someone to the governor's office to ask around, and the servant returned to report: "Young master studied bitterly for many days and suddenly said he wanted to eat some duck, so he brought his page boy and went out. He then drank some wine and ended up..."

"That is to say that he really did harass those women?"

"Responding to master, it's true."

Feng Jin Yuan's nose nearly became crooked from the anger. It was about to be the new year, and the Spring imperial exams would follow immediately after that. Wasn't something happening to Chen Qing at this sort of time going to affect his imperial exam? Intuition told him that there was definitely some sort of interference in this matter, but he was unable to figure it out.

"Did you mention Chen Qing's relations with the Feng family to the governor?" He asked the servant that brought the news. Although this governor had just been brought in, he should still be easy to handle. He was still the court's prime minister, and this was just a young man getting drunk and causing trouble. So long as he spoke up, the governor should give him face.

That servant nodded but told him: "The newly appointed governor, Lord Tong, said that even if a prince were to commit a crime, they would be treated like a commoner, moreover this is just a nephew of an official. He also said that even though master is the prime minister, if this matter became known by the Emperor, perhaps even we would be unable to see any benefits."

Feng Jin Yuan was speechless. This was clearly just arguing for the sake of arguing. He waved his hand and dismissed the servant, deciding to think a little more carefully.

But before he could think about it too much, the following day, he heard word that a nephew of the Chen family who had been in charge of three state businesses accidentally fell from his horse on his way home and died.

On the third day, an official in the ministry of justice offended his superior and was removed from the position. In a depressed state, he became very drunk and set fire to his own residence. Fortunately, everyone was able to escape, but the large manor was burned to the ground by the large fire. It was not enough for that to be all. The large fire spread to the neighbor's yard, and that neighbor was a fourth rank official. He was not a friendly person and immediately filed a report, thus the official who had been removed from office was caught by the governor and thrown in jail. And this official's ninth concubine was the Chen family's eldest master's daughter by a concubine. She was also one of Chen Qing's younger sisters.

On the fourth day, an official from the ministry of rites was reported for corruption. He too was captured by the governor and thrown in jail. His seventh concubine was the Chen family's second master's daughter by a concubine.

From a standard fifth rank official to a standard third rank assistant director, Feng Jin Yuan suddenly realized that this was most likely the result of the ninth prince, who had been at the military camp, returning to the capital. Only he was capable of acting so quickly, as everyone who had been taken care of was caught unprepared.