How Could This Happen?

Plunk.

The matriarch's cane fell to the ground.

Chen Yu let out a sigh of relief and said: "I said it before. Second sister is not that type of person."

"It... It was his Majesty's imperial intention?" The matriarch had become dazed, as she stared straight at lady Zhou.

Fen Dai also became dazed and subconsciously said: "How, how could that be?"

"Hm?" Lady Zhou looked at her with cold eyes, "Fourth young miss, what do those words mean? Could it be that you truly believed that it would be best if it was as you said? Elder madam Feng, what sort of hearts do the young misses of your manor have?"

The matriarch did not know what sort of heart Fen Dai had. Even if she knew a little bit, she did not dare say it to lady Zhou, thus she could only apologize: "It is all a misunderstanding, a misunderstanding. Madam, please forgive me!" While she said this, she glared at Fen Dai: "Why have you still not begged for forgiveness from lady Zhou!"

Fen Dai had already realized that she feared being handled by others, but she did not know that who would bother with that? Feng Yu Heng had always treated her as an unreasonable little child. It was herself that lacked the most basic analytical abilities, yet she still had a jealous heart and loved causing trouble. Only because of this did cause this sort of muddled situation.

She kowtowed towards lady Zhou: "Fen Dai was wrong. It was Fen Dai that caused trouble for second sister." But her heart still did not want to accept it, but her attention was pulled to Xuan Tian Ming having his legs treated at Tong Sheng pavilion, and she could not help but ask: "May I ask, have his Highness the ninth prince's legs been successfully treated?"

When she said this, she looked up towards lady Zhou, her eyes filled with expectation. Her gaze was filled with undisguised concern, which caused lady Zhou's expression to become even more gloomy.

"Shut your mouth!" The matriarch now had the heart to choke Fen Dai to death, but lady Zhou was present, so she could not go overboard. For a while, she was so angry that she did not what she should do.

Instead, it was granny Zhao that reminded her from the side: "Elder madam, it has been some days since his Highness went to have his legs treated. How about we go with lady Zhou to take a look."

"Yes, yes, yes." The matriarch repeatedly agreed, "Lady Zhou, how about we go to Tong Sheng pavilion together to take a look! I truly did not know that his Highness the ninth prince had been at Tong Sheng pavilion the entire time, otherwise, I would have gone to pay respects much earlier."

Lady Zhou let out a long sigh, "Forget it. The reason we did not tell you is because we feared that you would get too many people involved. Injuries need rest, and princess also needs a quiet environment to practice medicine. That is why his Majesty only sent his Highness Prince Chun over to keep company. You truly have wasted his Majesty's efforts." She said this while looking at Fen Dai then continued: "Elder madam Feng, the baseless guess made by the manor's fourth young miss may have dirtied the reputations of both his Highness and the princess. This old one will go back and arrange to take care of the rumors outside, and I hope that the Feng family will be able to properly calm fourth young miss' emotions. It would be best to not allow her to cause any more trouble."

The matriarch quickly complied: "Definitely, definitely." She then informed the servants, "Quickly, head towards Tong Sheng pavilion." Thinking a little more, she added: "Go through the main entrance. Just say lady Zhou from the Yu Palace has come!"

Lady Zhou did not say anything else. Standing up, she walked out of the hall. The matriarch wiped away sweat and returned to her sedan with the help of the servants. Being carried along by servants, she followed after her.