Death Approaches

Xiang Rong was dizzy and in a daze for the entire day. The later the day became, the more uncomfortable she felt.

Not wanting to wrap herself up in a large cloak, the young girl remained in bed under her covers.

An shi sat next to her and would feel her forehead from time to time. A little worried, she said: "It's becoming hotter and hotter. I think it would still be better to let your grandmother know and bring in a doctor."

Xiang Rong, however, grabbed An shi and shook her head: "No need. Calling a doctor this late would get too many people involved. It would not be good. It's just a little bit of a fever. It will be better after sweating a little."

An shi also knew it would not be good to cause a commotion so late at night. Moreover, Xiang Rong was only the daughter of a concubine, so she was never particularly liked by the matriarch. Thus, she could only Mei Xiang: "Go put in some more charcoal."

Mei Xiang complied and went to fetch more charcoal, but Xiang Rong held An shi and said: "My mind is still worried and can't stop worrying about second sister. Concubine mother, will second sister truly be fine?"

An shi was also worried, but she still comforted Xiang Rong: "Didn't Huang Quan come before? She even said it would be fine, so it will definitely be fine. How careful a person is your second sister. How could it be possible for her to be in such a dire situation. Also, isn't there still the ninth prince? He will not let your second sister suffer any grievances."

Upon hearing mention of the ninth prince, Xiang Rong's mind began thinking once more. Opening her mouth, she wanted to say a few things, but once the words made it to her lips, she was unable to speak them.

An shi was her mother, so how could she not understand her daughter's feelings. She could not help but advise: "Last time, it was your grandmother who gave you an order, so could only go to the Chun Palace. This time, the your grandmother did not say anything, so you can not keep thinking about it."

Xiang Rong lowered her head, and her small face became slightly red. She felt a little grief, "Concubine mother, I did not."

"Whether or not you did, you should be most clear on." An shi let out a sigh, "Don't blame concubine mother for being cruel. Perhaps in the past, you could not tell, but take a look at your second sister now. In the past, she received great glory, but because she was unable to heal the ninth prince's legs, what has become of her now?"

"Concubine mother just said she was fine." Xiang Rong pouted to express her dissatisfaction, "You also said the ninth prince would not allow second sister to suffer any grievances."

"But what is the reality?" An shi was a little frustrated, "Whether or not she suffers grievances is one matter, but rumors and slander are another thing. Have you seen what our manor's current situation is? Have you seen how many people have been sent to stand around the entrance of Tong Sheng pavilion? They clearly do not see her as a member of the family. They clearly see her as nothing more than a scab! To say something that I should not, don't look at how your grandmother usually treats your second sister so well. When there is any sort of disturbance, she will be the first to abandon ship. She will not hesitate to make the same decision that she did three years ago. Xiang Rong, if you stubbornly follow Prince Chun, you will meet a similar outcome."

Xiang Rong was already feeling cold, but now that she heard what An shi said, she felt even more uncomfortable. But that was just the way people were, the more you told them not to think about a person or thing, the more they would go think about it. At the beginning, Xiang Rong only had feelings of admiration for Xuan Tian Hua; however, after An shi's words of advice, it became a bit of stubbornness.