Good Eyes

The third day of the new year in Da Shu, it snowed once more. The snow was sporadic and came without warning. After just a while, the ground was covered in a layer of white. With the wind blowing, even Feng Yu Heng was forced to squint her eyes.

The person on the horse looked down at the girl in a light-purple Winter coat, who was looking back at him with her small and cold face. Although she was short, the determination in her eyes could not be ignored.

Very quickly, he heard her respond with a tone that was even more frigid than his "Bu Cong, long time no see." Her voice was clear. When paired with this snowfall, she appeared to be like a fairy that came from the North.

Feng Jin Yuan looked at Bu Cong, and he only felt an anger well up inside himself, as he could not help but say: "To speed along on a horse in the capital, General Bu really is mighty! But I wonder if the general that had gone missing for so long has returned to the capital this time to beg forgiveness or to cause trouble?"

His words were already very severe, but Bu Cong did not even take a look at him, as his deputy general responded to Feng Jin Yuan for him: "Responding to Lord Prime minister, General Bu left the capital with a secret mission from his Majesty. The purpose was to exterminate a rebel uprising in the Bian Nan. He has returned to the capital victorious and will be reporting to his Majesty."

Feng Jin Yuan suddenly frowned. A secret mission from his Majesty? Bu Cong did not go missing?

His mood began to toss and turn, as he always felt that Bu Cong returning to the capital would not be a good thing for the Feng family. When the Emperor had given out a secret mission was something that even he did not know about. As the court's prime minister, this was not a good thing.

He had already made a few guesses, but Bu Cong's gaze never left Feng Yu Heng. The two just continued to stare at each other. One was more fierce than the other, but neither was willing to give way.

Finally, Bu Cong spoke up; however, what he said was: "I knew that you would not die so easily like that, but even if you did not die, why do I feel like you are no longer the same Feng Yu Heng as before? The Feng Yu Heng in my memory would not viciously push my Bu family to the brink."

The cold light in Feng Yu Heng's eyes became even sharper: "And you are no longer Bu Cong. In my memory, Bu Cong would not use my funeral as a lie to visit the border. It seems that the general reaped quite the reward from this trip."

Bian Nan was a piece of land in the Southern part of Da Shun that was devoid of people because of the heat. No plant life grew there throughout the year, and eggs could be cooked on the rocks. Regardless of whether it was Da Shun or the Gu Shu country in the South, both were willing to abandon that place. Nobody wanted to expand to that area. As the years went by, a small group of people chose to use that place as a base. Enduring the extreme heat, they did things that were harmful to both countries.

Bu Cong took this secret mission and headed towards Bian Nan. Perhaps this matter was something that he had requested from the Emperor. If he said that he was truly doing it for the good of the country, Feng Yu Heng would sooner be beaten to death than believe it. If it were not for there being some sort of benefit in the surrounding area, how could he make this pointless trip?

"Haha!" Bu Cong suddenly began laughing. He then pointed at Feng Yu Heng: "Sure enough, you are not her!"

Feng Yu Heng, however, suddenly began laughing. While laughing, her small face became bitterly cold and appeared to be an illusion, as it quickly vanished. Instead, it was replaced with a bit of an embarrassed expression that carried a bit of expectation. It was the face of a young 13-year-old girl.