When Dealing With Someone Sometimes One Must Rely on Bluffs

Jin Zhen's words had managed to attract Feng Yu Heng's interest. Originally, she had already stood up to take her leave and enter the palace. After all, there was still a patient worth five million taels of gold. Who knew that Jin Zhen would suddenly say such a thing that could cause her to actually sit back down.

Feng Chen Yu was a little anxious, as she loudly said: "Stop slandering others!"

The matriarch, however, waved her hand and stopped Chen Yu from speaking. She then said to Jin Zhen: "Speak!"

Jin Zhen was slightly gasping for air. She looked very nervous, as she deliberately moved closer to Feng Jin Yuan's side in search of some comfort. Seeing Feng Jin Yuan give her a reassuring look, she finally said: "The day after the situation with sister Han, this concubine passed by eldest young miss' courtyard and personally saw her personal servant burying something in the yard. It was a powdery substance, so it should be the jelly ear powder that second young miss had mentioned was used in the poisoning."

"What?" The matriarch was extremely shocked. It had to be said that perhaps the earring meant nothing, but the appearance of jelly ear powder was very direct. Moreover... "You are saying that eldest young miss' servant was burying jelly ear powder in the yard?"

Jin Zhen nodded, "That's right. This concubine saw it clearly. It was jelly ear powder." Saying this, she pointed at Xing'er, who was standing behind Chen Yu: "It was her that was burying it!"

Xing'er immediately became panicked. Her legs gave out, causing her to drop to her knees. While shaking her head, she said: "No, this servant did not bury anything! This servant didn't bury anything!"

Chen Yu was also a little flustered, but she did not deny it as resolutely as Xing'er. Instead, she pointed at Xing'er and said: "Stupid servant, if you buried it, you buried it. Why must you lie?" She then stood up and said to the matriarch: "Granddaughter did have my servant bury the jelly ear powder; however, I did not use it to poison anyone. It was all because granddaughter heard that jelly ear could reduce the feeling of the cold. Only then did I have someone buy it to eat. That day, concubine mother Han was poisoned by jelly ear powder, and granddaughter also felt afraid. Because of that, I had it buried."

Her explanation was very reasonable, but it was too much of a coincidence. Not to mention Fen Dai not believing it, not even the matriarch and Feng Jin Yuan believed it.

Trembling, the matriarch pointed at Chen Yu and said with disappointment: "I gave you chance after chance, yet you let me down time and time again. Feng Chen Yu, how could my Feng family have a daughter like you?"

Kang Yi quickly went forward to help pat the matriarch on the back, "Mother, quell your anger. Be careful of your body."

"Can I quell it?" The matriarch trembled with anger, "With such a vicious person in the manor, I can't enjoy a single peaceful day. Jin Yuan!" She looked at Feng Jin Yuan and said: "Feng Chen Yu tried to kill the Feng family's child. What do you say on this matter?"

Feng Jin Yuan was also disappointed with Chen Yu. Even if Chen Yu repeatedly explained that she did not do it, based on his knowledge of the things that Chen Yu had done, this time, Feng Jin Yuan believed it.

"Father should do some cleaning!" Fen Dai suddenly shouted. Pointing at Chen Yu, she said: "Someone guilty of committing murder can die ten thousand times, and it still would not be enough!"

"Shut your mouth!" Feng Jin Yuan forcefully scolded. No matter what was said, when comparing Chen Yu and Fen Dai, he still favored the former. "Father has naturally made a decision. Where is there any room for you to interject."

Fen Dai was rendered speechless, as she pouted and glared at Feng Chen Yu. She originally hoped that her father would punish her severely, but after waiting for a while, it was Kang Yi that said: "This topic is extremely serious. It would be best to investigate this matter thoroughly. Eldest young miss has been proclaiming that she has been framed the entire time, so it would be best if we did not really end up punishing someone that was framed."