Calculated Instigation

Leaving her room, Fen Dai rushed straight to Chen Yu's courtyard. When she arrived, Yi Lin was in the middle of lecturing a sturdy servant. Seeing that Fen Dai had come, she quickly went to receive her: "Why has fourth young miss come? This servant pays respects to fourth young miss."

Fen Dai looked at Yi Ling and displayed a malicious smile, "What are you saying. Previously, when I came to eldest sister's courtyard, I feared that people would say behind my back that I curried favor with eldest sister, who was the daughter of the first wife. Now, however, eldest sister is of the same standing as much, so should I not come over more often?"

Yi Lin's expression changed, but she did not dare refute her. There were times that Feng Fen Dai gave off the impression of a rabid dog who would bite anyone she saw. "What sort of thing is fourth young miss saying. Eldest young miss is more than happy to have you come over to chat. Fourth young miss, please come in!"

Yi Lin led Fen Dai into Chen Yu's room. Inside the room, Chen Yu was staring blankly at the black blush on the table. Only after the two entered the room did she react, as she was startled by Fen Dai's sudden shout.

"What is eldest sister thinking about so deeply?"

Chen Yu looked at Fen Dai and immediately recalled the matter regarding Xuan Tian Hua. She really wanted to ask Fen Dai some more questions, but when she saw Yi Lin shoot her a look to remind her, the question she was about to ask was swallowed back down. Instead, she put on a peaceful smile and said to Fen Dai: "It snowed today. How come fourth sister did not put on a cloak before going outside? Be careful not to catch a cold."

"Eldest sister, such a big thing happened yet you are still able to sit still in your room?" Fen Dai absolutely detested Chen Yu's Bodhisattva expression. Finding a chair for herself, she sat down and stared at Chen Yu.

Chen Yu was stunned by her careless words, "What happened?"

Fen Dai said in surprise: "Could it be that eldest sister does not know?"

Yi Lin frowned and interjected: "It snowed today, so eldest young miss was inside the entire time. She never went out."

"Even then, there should be servants out and about!" Fen Dai glanced at Yi Lin then shook her head, saying: "Such a thoughtless servant, how can you take proper care of your master?"

Yi Lin felt an anger swell in her belly, but she could not say anything. After all, Chen Yu was no longer the daughter of the first wife. This caused her servants to also be demoted in position.

Chen Yu could not understand at all. Based on what Fen Dai said, something must have happened, so she could not help but anxiously ask: "Don't pay any attention to the servants. What exactly happened?"

Fen Dai leaned close and placed her face next to Chen Yu's, with their noses nearly touching. Chen Yu was not accustomed to this and was about to move back, but she heard Fen Dai say: "Feng Yu Heng locked up his Highness the seventh prince in Tong Sheng pavilion. He's already been there for many days."

The servant that came with Fen Dai could not help but think to herself: Fourth young miss really is an expert in framing people. She had clearly said that she only saw the seventh prince enter the county princess' manor this morning. How did the fourth young miss change it to "His Highness the seventh prince has already been in Tong Sheng pavilion for many days"?

However, this lie had successfully caused Chen Yu to become furious. She immediately stood up and angrily glared. Her voice was shrill, as her voice changed "What did you say?"

Fen Dai thought to herself "Very good", but she added a little more: "Last time, I told eldest sister about the unclear situation where Feng Yu Heng and his Highness were together, and his Highness had become injured, but eldest sister did not believe. But what about now? Her county princess' manor has closed its gates to visitors for many days. Even the daughter of craftsman Bai could not enter; however, his Highness could freely enter and exit. Oh, that's not right. He entered but did not come out. The two have been locked in the manor, yet you still do not know what they are doing!"