Persian Master Leading to Suspicion

Xuan Tian Ye's mind exploded with a "boom!"

Bet with their lives?

It turned out this girl was waiting for him with this sort of thing!

But why was she so certain that she would win?

Xuan Tian Ye stood in place. He neither nodded nor shook his head. He only looked at Feng Yu Heng with a face full of questions. He looked at her face in hopes of finding some information or understanding her thoughts.

Unfortunately, Feng Yu Heng was like a tranquil lake. There was not a single ripple. Nobody was able to gain any understanding. But the look on her face was resolute and revealed no doubt. Betting with their lives meant just that. She did not have any hesitation.

Feng Jin Yuan, who was watching from the side, was finally unable to endure. Holding his injured arm, he took a couple steps forward then advised Feng Yu Heng: "Stop spouting nonsense. His Highness is a prince."

Feng Yu Heng raised an eyebrow: "So what if he is a prince? Can a prince not learn from a competition of martial arts with someone?"

"Is this really to learn from competing?" Feng Jin Yuan was on the verge of dying from anger, "Who has ever heard of learning while betting with their lives?"

"Haven't you heard about it today." She raised her small face, "Is father afraid that I will kill him?"

Feng Jin Yuan was nearly unable to breathe, "I am afraid that he will end up killing you! His Highness is someone skilled in martial arts. No matter if it's fighting or military strategy, he is an expert among experts. Are you not courting death?" His expression sank, as he sternly said: "A-Heng, right now, you have the responsibility to make steel for the good of everyone in Da Shun. Absolutely nothing must happen to you."

Feng Jin Yuan's words caused Xuan Tian Ye to begin thinking. At first, he felt that there was definitely some sort of hidden plot with betting their lives. This girl was very scheming and was very proficient in all kinds of medicines. He worried that this girl would use some sort of poison during the fight to cause him to lose his life. But when he thought about it now, it seemed that Feng Jin Yuan's words were reasonable. This girl wanting to beat him was just impossible, but if he hurt her, Da Shun would not be able to produce steel. It was possible that the Emperor would place the blame on him. That old man had never favored him. When the time came, how could he possibly receive a fair judgment.

Thinking like this, Xuan Tian Ye made a decision. They absolutely could not bet with their lives. In fact, they could not compete in martial arts.

Thus he followed up on what Feng Jin Yuan had said: "That's right! Younger sister is now an extremely important person. It is not advisable to mess around with swords and spears."

Feng Yu Heng laughed, "First, I do not use swords. Second, I do not use spears. Where is third brother coming from?"

"This prince's meaning is that I am worried that I would hurt you."

"Oh, then third brother can be at ease. You cannot hurt me."

"Hm?" Xuan Tian Ye frowned, "It's hard to say whether or not there will be any mistakes. Younger sister should not speak too confidently."

"Hmph." Feng Yu Heng sneered, "Third brother should not have too much self-confidence in your abilities. Just based on your abilities, you want to hurt me?"

Xuan Tian Ye felt an anger well up inside him. Although he knew very clearly that Feng Yu Heng was trying to goad him with the goal of competing in martial arts; however, those words caused him to feel extremely uncomfortable. He was already someone that was not very forgiving, and he lacked the ability to put down anything that he picked up. Feng Yu Heng's words had pushed his anger to the limit.