Specialty Soldier and the Hidden Guard

Just as Ban Zou said this, the sounds of a battle came from the yard.

Feng Yu Heng walked over to the window doubtfully then pushed open the window. She then propped her chin on her hands and lay on the windowsill to look outside.

It was the middle of the night, but it seemed like quite a few people had come. She looked around and counted a total of eight. All of them wore black clothes and held swords in their hands. A piece of black cloth covered their faces, leaving only hawk-like eyes exposed.

Ban Zou stood at her side and did not go out to join the battle. There were already a large number of people outside, and they did not miss him. His mission was to stay close to and protect Feng Yu Heng. Even if there were now a great number of hidden guards in the manor, only he alone could enter Feng Yu Heng's room.

The eight people were extremely proficient in martial arts, as they were basically able to remain on an even level with the hidden guards. Feng Yu Heng watched on with interest and occasionally provided analysis: "In truth, if our people fought to kill, this would not be a draw. The other side is fighting to kill, while we are trying to capture them alive. This is the reason the fight has dragged out."

Ban Zou folded his arms over his chest and looked at the girl in front of him. Rolling his eyes, he said: "Are you watching a play? Do you know how dangerous this is?"

Feng Yu Heng nodded, "I do, but they can't hurt me."

Ban Zou's nose nearly became crooked from the anger: "How is it that you definitely won't get hurt?"

"Because you're here!" She spoke in a matter-of-fact tone.

Ban Zou, however, was immediately stunned. The argumentative words that he was accustomed to saying were swallowed back down. Feng Yu Heng's trust in him caused him to feel a little embarrassed. As a hidden guard, he had lost track of his master twice. Once was in Feng Tong county and once was on the way to the Xiang Palace. If it were not for Feng Yu Heng protecting him, perhaps he would have been forced to commit suicide before Xuan Tian Ming. But even if this was the case, his master still trusted him and wanted to entrust her life to him. How could this not cause him to feel emotional?

"You still need to be a little more careful." Ban Zou's throat was a little choked up. He did not know what he should say, so he simply pulled Feng Yu Heng back from the window, "Don't watch. Even if this sort of person is captured alive, there is no point."

"Why?" Feng Yu Heng was unable to understand for a while.

At this time, victory and defeat were already in sight. The eight assassins were covered in injuries and caught alive, but before they could bring the prisoners in, blood could be seen coming from the corners of the eight people's lips, as they all died.

Feng Yu Heng immediately understood what Ban Zou had said: "They had a drug in their mouths. Those were specialty soldiers?"

Ban Zou nodded then led Feng Yu Heng out to the yard, personally taking a look and explaining the differences between specialty soldiers and hidden guards to Feng Yu Heng: "A hidden guard's main ability is stealth and surprise attacks to catch the enemy off guard. As for the specialty soldier, they are a bit stronger. Once they attack, they do not care about anything else. Every strike is made with the goal of taking their enemy's life. Normally, they take a life with every strike. To be able to bring out specialty soldiers, even if it is not considered burning all bridges, it does make it clear that there is no hesitation in trying for your life. That is to say, these people are not here for your ability to produce steel. What they want is your life. The poison was hidden in their teeth." Ban Zou opened up the mouths of all the deceased and took a look before making his conclusion.