One With a Clear Conscience Does Not Fear Ghosts

Seeing He Zhong enter in a frenzy, the matriarch had a bad feeling. Who knew what she was thinking, as she subconsciously looked at Feng Yu Heng. However, she saw her leaning back with a cup of tea in her hand. A smile was on her face, and she was completely immersed in the celebratory atmosphere, thus she felt that she had over-thought things. Thus she said: "Housekeeper He, the manor has received honored guests today. What are you in such a panic for!"

He Zhong quickly saluted then anxiously said: "Elder madam, please forgive my mistakes. Master, please forgive my mistakes. This matter is truly very urgent. His Highness Prince Li has entered the manor!"

"What?"

"Prince Li came?"

The matriarch, Feng Jin Yuan and Feng Fen Dai all spoke at practically the same time. Fen Dai was moved and immediately stood up, moving to run outside; however, she heard Feng Jin Yuan slam the table and loudly shout: "Stop where you are!"

"Father!" Fen Dai was anxious and felt wronged, "His Highness the fifth prince came. Daughter must go to receive him!"

The matriarch became furious: "There are elders at home. Even if we were to receive him, it would not fall on you!" She then looked at Feng Jin Yuan and said: "Go take a look. No matter what is said, he is still a prince. We must give him a sufficient amount of face." Although the Emperor never liked Xuan Tian Yan, especially after the most recent event, which most likely caused him to remember the previous event, this was still his son. He never removed him from the position of prince or anything else. The matriarch knew that a government official could not avoid a prince.

What was there that Feng Jin Yuan could say. He could only apologize to Kang Yi: "Jin Yuan does not know why his Highness the fifth prince came so suddenly. I hope eldest princess will pardon me."

"It can't be helped." Kang Yi took the lead and stood up, "This one also met his Highness the fifth prince yesterday. I can also be considered familiar, so I will go out with Lord Feng to take a look."

"Fine." Feng Jin Yuan only said fine, but before they could begin walking out, they heard a hurried set of footsteps rushing towards the hall.

Feng Chen Yu said in a strange voice: "Heavens! Why has his Highness the fifth prince barged in like this?"

Fen Dai angrily glared at her sideways: "He is a prince. What sort of place can he not go?"

Feng Yu Heng interjected: "I have never heard of a prince casually entering the home of a government official. Moreover, father Emperor is extremely against the princes getting too close to the government officials."

Feng Jin Yuan also heard this and he could not help but feel his head begin to ache.

Kang Yi said: "Since it is for your daughter, it can't be helped."

While they spoke, Xuan Tian Yan rushed in. Behind him were two of his attendants, and behind them were all of the Feng family's servants.

Feng Jin Yuan waved to the servants, letting them retreat. He then took a few steps forward with everyone in the Feng manor to salute and pay respects.

Kang Yi and Ru Jia did not need to salute, so the two just stood in place and looked at Xuan Tian Yan. They saw that after he entered the hall, his gaze locked onto Feng Fen Dai. After that, his eyes never strayed again. Even when speaking with Feng Jin Yuan, he looked at Fen Dai "Lord Feng, this prince has already dispersed all of the women in my palace aside from my official princess. Not even a single secondary princess remains. I beg Lord Feng to take this proposal letter back."

He said this while handing over the proposal letter. After returning from the palace banquet, Feng Jin Yuan had dispatched someone to return it.

Seeing that the proposal letter had been sent back at some unknown time, she immediately began crying. This caused Xuan Tian Yan to truly feel distressed.