baby momma. 4

johns eyes widen. "y/n-"
"john."
"- that's not why i came here actually."
"we've established that already."

it might not even be his, kenzie has screwed you over before. voices whispering in my head.

"i should have told you earlier-"
"told me what?"

of course it's his kenzie does a lot of things but she wouldn't like about something like this. my mind at war with itself.

"the baby, y/n." john deeply breaths. his hand finds mine. much to my surprise and his, i don't pull away. all fronts down.

"what about the baby?"

it's his, y/n.

but what if it isn't.

but it is.

"we had a long talk the first night, me and kenzie. first thing that morning, we went to get a dna test."

she might be lying.

she wouldn't stoop that low.

"and?" i gulp, mouth dry.

john purses his lips together, shaking his head as he looks down at the tiled floor. i can't tell if he's crying or laughing. oddly enough. i'm frozen in place.

the baby is someone else's.

this baby is johns.

kenzie's lying.

she wouldn't lie about that.

she hates me of course she would.

she hates you, but she's still human. no human would ever resort to that.

"john?" i mumble, my bottom lip trembling as he looks back up. he wipes at his eyes, cheeks stained with tears.

"i thought there would be a possibility..." i count the number of seconds it take for him to tell me. each one more aggravating than the last. "t-that it was just a mistake, that kenzie-" he trails off again. i wait, like i always do.

the baby's not his.

the baby is definitely his.

this baby is not johns.

the baby-

"we got the results backs this afternoon. there's no... there's no doubting it anymore." he chokes on his words, bowing his head. my world crumbles down before me, i sense it. "the baby is definitely mine."

another night at the bar. it's johns whose fingers i want to feel against my cheek, whose hot breath i want to feel on my lips, whose expression i want to giggle at for being so focused. yet, he isn't her. drinking my pain away, isn't helping. i'm just as hurt as when i walked into the place. the same bar i always come to with john.

"john." i chuckle, nervously. scratching the back of my neck, making the situation worse between us.

"i'm..." a soon to be father. "im here."

"why are you here, john?" i butt in. attracting his locked gaze. it's silent for a second until he shifts the item in his hand. i flicker my eyes and let it linger on the item for a while. it's a rose. "i...i thought you'd be home, so i waited."

"i am home."
"where were you?"
"i had a few drinks."
"with anyone?"
"at a bar that a boy i know works at. it's not the same thing." i use my key to open the door, not bothering to hold it open for him as i step inside. i was with robbie, john despised him. he's also my ex.

"who?"
"robbie." jealousy baits his worries eyes.
"he brought you home because you were to drunk to go on your own. what was that about?"
"you just said it, john. word for word." i mutter. i watch as he puts the rose down, all of his attention focused on me.

"why are you walking away from me?" he asks, just as i start down the hallway to the bedroom.

"why are you following me?"
"y/n, look-"
"if it's about kenzie, john, i don't want to heat it. i say shaking my head and shrugging my jacket off. "i think it's better if i don't."

"you need to try and at least understand.". he tells me, the hurt tone shining through in his voice. "y/n!"

"i'm sorry. i'm sorry, okay." i turn to him, running a hand through my hair. "i'm still a little shocked, to admit. i know i've had plenty of time to dream with it but, i just- it's hard."

"i know." i'm aware of how he's cautiously making his way towards me, but i don't bother retaliate. instead, i plop down on the bed.

"i think i just need some time to myself, johnny." i say. there's no silence that follows, like there usually is.

"i really need to talk to you, y/n."
"can we talk in the morning?"
"no. it needs to be now."
"but-"
"y/n."
"john, i really can't be bothered for this right now-"

"tough. because i'm trying to tell you something." i sat up at his stern voice. automatically sensing that something is wrong. "you need to listen to me, to what i have to say. just for once, can you do that?"

i don't speak a contrast to how mouthy omw was earlier. "you remember two days ago when i came over? when i told you the snap test came back, conformed it was me-"

"i remember." i say, ducking my head down and wincing at myself. i don't really want to repeat anything that was said that night.

"right, alright." his fingers are gentle as they cup my chin, tilting my head up to look at him. "this is where i need you to really pay attention, because this bit's what's important. i asked kenzie for the papers, for the thing this confirmed the dna-"

"where is thing going, johnny?"

"just listen to me." his jaw clenches. i shut my mouth again, moving my face away from him. "she gave me the paper, y/n. for a minute i believed it all. why not, you know what i mean? what else did i have to lose?"

"jo-"

"but then i looked at the lettering, you see, i couldn't stop re-reading the same paragraphs and how the letters didn't seem to match up with certain numbers. i started at how everything was worded even the lab seal..." he shakes his head. "and that when non of it started to look right."

"what the hell are you-"

"i've spent the last three nights, poring over that paper, searching forgery on the internet. i've watched those shitty documentaries to wrap my head around it all." he breathes slowly. "y/n, i don't know. i really don't. but i have a thought, and if having that thought makes me a shitty human being then so be it-"

"john, you're scaring me." i tell him, truthfully. placing a hand on his arm. swallowing the lump forming in my throat. i find it hard to find the simplest words to say.

"what is it? what's going on?"

he looks at me, his light green eyes analyzing every inch of my face like it's the last hell ever see me. he looks like he hasn't slept in days. and if he has no more than a couple of nightmare ridden hours.

"i don't think kenzie, have my the real results y/n." john admits.  and my heart haults once i notice his voice is nothing but sincere.

"w-what do y-you?"

"i think she lied to me."

part 5? lemme know. gtg. i'm about to pull up at skurllk. love u.🖤