☁︎ 2 am.

—

soothingly, i was awaken by the soft sound of a guitar strumming downstairs. oddly i'm spread out among our bed with a new set of clothes on than i had on before. i'm tightly tucked into bed, but with johnny's pillow, which smelt of sweet vanilla just like him, and a stuffed dog tucked in my arms. johnny's slept with the stuffed dog every night since he was eight years old, and hasn't stopped since. i assume since he wasn't there, he was giving me a part of him.

the last image that's pictured in my mind was being cuddled up with johnny on the couch, whilst he gently ran his fingers through my hair, humming and murmuring a song quietly. that alone was enough to make me fall asleep. tossing over to my right side, my arm reaches to the night stand. grabbing my phone, time reading 2 am. exactly.

sighing, i rub my hooded eyes. ultimately, being extremely concerned with johnny's health and and his uneasy sleeping schedule. these past few months johnny has been sleeping until 6 am. leaving him maybe 2 or 3 hours to sleep, knowing he'd most likely have a busy day the next day. he would sit in our home studio and work on melodies and lyrics for hours non-stop.

daytime became rough for him, never being able to keep his eyes open. due to over exhaustion. my feet hit the cold wooden floor, before slipping on some socks. as i open the studio door the angelic, mesmerizing voice of my talented man fills my ears.

"i would never leave you.. even if you don't love me back.. since i saw you, you're the one that i've been after.. and baby yeah you're special.. i cannot forget you.." he sings, then stops. processing the lyrics and hitting them down into his journal is gotten him for his birthday. since then, he's sure to ring it everywhere with him.

even if we were far away from home and he forgets it, he would make us turn all the way around to grab it if he has something in mind. he always says it's his "thought catcher". when thoughts pop up in his mind, he will quickly write it down before he forgets.

afraid that if he kept it in his head too long, his mind would begin raging, and he would become distracted from everything else. forgetting his first thought overall.

i step down quietly, sneaking up behind him and snaking my arms around his neck. placing a kiss to his temple before resting my chin on the top of his head. he kisses my hand, softly. before settling his back onto me. realizing how tired he actually was.

"my love, why don't you come to bed?" i rasp, my voice breaking slightly. hands massaging circles on his shoulders, making his heads roll back. his eyes flutter shut, but immediately snap back open.

"but i'm so close to being finished, it's sounding beautiful. up there with one of my top songs. look babe." he grabs my right arm delicately, placing me down onto his lap before grabbing his guitar. the start of blessing me with his stunning voice.

my head remains on his chest, sleep taking over me. he stood to write down another lyric in the brown song journal. the song has a slow, but somehow catch rhythm. type of song that makes you think too deeply about hard shit.

"did you enjoy it?" he peers down at me with a grin, connecting his lips with the center of my forehead. glaring darkly into his emerald eyes, his bags are increasingly droopy and light purple. his hair was messy, but his bowl cut that remained when his hair wasn't styled was my favorite way that he did his hair.

"you impress me everyday bub, but please let's get some sleep, it's 2 am. you need rest." i whispered, tracing my thumb over his cheek bone. whilst staring at the freckle underneath his bottom lip. admiring him. he halfheartedly smiles before setting his guitar down in the roller chair, closing his journal and leaving it on the desk.

once we are in our room, he strips down to nothing but his boxers. he slips in bed with me, leaving one arm behind my head. lazily placing the on my lower waist. pulling the silky duvets over us, keeping us warm.

"goodnight angel, thank you for taking care of me."