✰ second chance.

✵✵✵

✵✵✵

third argument of the week, and it was only wednesday. meaning we've been arguing all week so far. one was about him leaving for tour, and the next was based on wether or we were going out for our date. at this point i was slowly starting to lose hope for johnny and i's relationship.

"he's obviously trying to make a god damn move on you!" his voice echoed through the house as he accused my best friend sammy of trying to get with me.

"john seriously right now?! i've only talked to him once today. how could you even think that?!" my hands were in my hair, my legs carrying my body all around the room.

"stop being so fucking naive and you'd see why!" he yelled intimidatingly. finally exploding. the glass of water tossing out of his hands and smashing in front of me.

my eyes pooled with tears as i looked down at the shattered perfectly resembling my heart. there were two small bleeding cuts on my ankles from a few shards that must've sliced my skin when it hit the floor. the pain wasn't nearly as clear as the ache i was feeling in my chest.

i couldn't bare to look up at him, but i did anyway. the sight across from me was johnny, his mouth hind open along with his arms shaking. leaning towards me as if he going to run and wrap his arms around me.

our eyes met, both of our faces holding tears that trickled down.

"i-im so sorry baby.. i d-didn't m-" he stammered closer to me, struggling to defend himself.

"don't fucking touch me," i spat. i cut him off, my voice was too calm after the recent events, that it scared me as well as him.

"you know i didn't mean it, come on baby. be careful so that we can clean you and the floor up." that was the last thing i heard before feeling my body give in. not being able to control it. i expected my back to hit the sharp, broken shards of glass but instead a muscular pair of warm arms.

the first thing i saw as i opened my eyes was my boyfriend sitting at the end of the bed, placing band aids onto my cuts. his face was all red and blotchy, heated.

movements of my foot broke his focused trance, eyes shooting up to look up at my face. a look of relief plastering his beautiful features.

"i'm sorry. i'm so so sorry babygirl.." his voice cracked as he looked down at his lap, ashamed. tears falling from his emerald eyes.

the view in front of me made my heart ache more than what happened before, and i instantly knew it was all a mistake. the fighting, the accusations, the meaningless but still harmful words. it was as if they all disappeared in an instant.

he stood, and stumbled towards me. face contorted as if he was in pain. but, the bandage around his foot gave it away.

"a-are you okay?" my voice growing with concern. "wh-"

before i could finish he collapsed onto the bed and engulfed me in the most heartwarming hug. sobbing.

i ran my fingers through his fluffy hair and the other hand wrapped around his shoulders, somehow holding him on me as he sobbed his heart out.

"hey, hey, shh. it's okay baby, shit happens. it's normal in any relationship." i whispered the soft words into his ear. at this, he looked up at me with his blood filled eyes. his hand coming up to use his thumb to lightly over my upper cheek. the small gesture having me melt into his body once again.

"but i hurt you.. p-please forgive me angel. that fucking scared me," he pleaded.

"i only give second chances. mess up again and that's it." i grinned at him.

as he reciprocated, gently placing his lips onto mine.

"what happened to your foot?" i broke the kiss, curiosity taking over me.

"oh i might've stepped in some glass when i was catching you. but i removes all of it i think it'll be fine." he reassured me. leaving me to feel pang and guilt inside.

my facial expression changed instantly and he noticed immediately.

"if saving you means stepping on a few glass shards, i'd do it a million times over again. without another thought."

𝐛𝐢𝐠 𝐬𝐚𝐝 𝐨𝐧 𝐝𝐚 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐭.