☁︎ happier.

J O H N N Y —

J O H N N Y

trailing through toronto, i saw her in the arms of another.

walking, my ex girlfriend seems to consume me and my thoughts. she was everlasting. oh, how dearly i miss her. a familiar laugh fills the walking trail behind me, much along with my ears. i turn around seeing her in the arms of another guy..

smiling and laughing, something we used to share together.

we've been apart for three weeks, you look happier.

even though we've only been been broken up for three weeks, she has someone else that makes her smile. that pains me. pains me to know that i can't make her feel that way anymore.

i watched as you sat down at the bar, he said something that made you laugh.

i'm seated alone, at an empty table. my eyes only on the couple. his lips are closer to her ear, whispering sweet things to her. bursts of laughter and chuckles, her gorgeous smile lighting up the room.

i saw that both your smiles were as wide as ours used to be, you look happier, you do.

they remain sitting, keeping their hands interlaced with one another's. wide and bright, toothy grins. never seen her as ecstatic as she is right now. if only i would've made her that happy.

no one could hurt you like i hurt you, no one could love you like i do.

i hurt her. extremely. her sound of her soft sobs replaying in my mind from that night. i didn't want to see her cry, but i was the cause of it. her voice would break everytime she spoke to me. that's when she decided to grab her things, pack her bags, and leave.

reminiscing, i ran after her. begging for her not to leave me. not to leave me behind. she gave me a single kiss before saying goodbye. i just loved her so much, and still do. she was my princess, my entire world, everything. everything to me.

promise that i won't take it personal, if you move on with someone new.

at least, she's happy with someone else, i'm happy for her. she deserves love. to have a significant other love her back. treat her like the princess she is. even if it isn't me. even if she isn't my princess anymore.

until then i try and smile to hide my pain. numbness.

no matter if i say i'm okay, i'm really not. crying myself to sleep with bloodshot eyes knowing she's with someone else. doing the some things we used to do. she has someone else to love. it's hard.

sat in the corner of my room, everything reminds me of you.

i sit in our once, shared bed. staring at the picture at the corner of the desk in front of me. a picture of us. a polaroid that was taken of us the day i gave her a promise ring. my favorite shirt that she'd given me days prior. can't even scroll through me camera roll or social media without seeing her or pictures of us. everything's reminding me of her.

knew one day you'll fall for someone new, but if he breaks your heart like lovers do. just know that i'll be here waiting for you.

i knew she was going to find the one for her. frightens me that she will break her heart. more than what i did. i just would like for her to know that if anything happens. i'll be here. for her.