☁︎ hold me while you wait.

✧ ·˚ ༘ ➷ ·˚

✧ ·˚ ༘ ➷ ·˚. ✧ ·˚ ༘ ➷ ·˚. ✧ ·˚ ༘ ➷ ·˚.࿐

he came into her room. through the thin glass stained window, at midnight. couldn't see his face, yet immediately recognized his scent and the familiar silhouette of johnny. he grinned, as she expected. turning her bed lamp on, gasping.

tears, blood, and bruises littered his face. she could faintly make out brownish bruises starting to form under his light shirt. hurriedly got out of bed, "john?" without saying anything else, she rushed into her bathroom. grabbing a first aid kit and an open box of tissues. came back to him sitting down on her bed, curled into a ball as he sobbed, muttering incoherent words.

"shh, hey.. lovie, sit up," helping him up right. running a hand through his blonde locks. you looked at him a moment longer, before grabbing what she needed from the kit: bandaids, peroxide, and wipes. he stared at her, his eyes getting more glossy and puffy by the second.

"why- why doesn't he love me, y/n?" johnny whimpered, his body starting to tremble again as sobs racked through his body. "what did i do.. that was so fucking bad?"

"dont know.." she mumbled in defeat, lightly wiping at the wounds on his face. feelings like absolutely no help at all. "no son deserves to be treated like this bub, and im so fucking sorry that you have to go through this."

"maybe, and just maybe," john muttered and turns, but too slowly to be normal. when he speaks his raspy voice trails slowly, like his words are unwilling to exit his mouth. there's sadness in her eyes, the green in them too watery. "life would be better if i was dead."

her eyes twitched, immediately flooding with tears as she dropped the wipes. wrapping your arms around the beaten boy, "don't ever say that."

pulling him closer as tears began to fall, "dont.. ever fucking say that. do not put the blame on yourself, do not."

depression is the unseen, unheard, silent killer. pain that's too dee to cope with, too hard to deal with, so misunderstood. can't escape it, because it follows like a black shadow that's on the inside, eating you.

for johnny, the cause of it was his dad. knowing that his father would never love him; knowing that he would grow up without his father or his mother. knowing that he had no family that cared about him. he often wondered: was it because of him? or what'd he do to deserve all of this? what did he do that was so bad, a father would inflict mental and physical pain on his child?

"can't do this anymore, y/n." he murmured and curled up in her lap, holding on tight to her legs, "hurts so fucking bad and 'm.. 'm tired. so, so tired." she took in a deep breath, wiping a stray tear off of his cheek.

"if i asked you to stay, would you?" she questioned, breathing a sigh of relief when he nodded. helping him with his shoes, watching as he settled himself into the empty spot in her bed, slipping his shirt off in the process. she cleaned up the wipes, and made her way to the right side of the bed. slipping under the covers and turning off the light.

she felt johnny shift away from her, and sigh quietly. his skin was warm and soft when she wrapped yourself around him, her legs tangling with his as she threw an arm over his waist. she listened to his rapid breathing decrease. peppering kisses along his bare back.

"goodnight, my love."