relationship.

"baby, just face it, you can't crack eggs for shit."

i roll my eyes, ignoring johnnys semi-offensive statement. his eyes darting at me in exasperation.

"princess." he sighs, leaning over to snatch the bag of flour put of my hand. my expertness, keeping it out of his reach. "that's not even the right measurement!"

"will you just let me do it?" i sternly ask, though i can't control my giggle as i still weigh the correct amount.

"you're getting it all over the island." he groans, messing up his hair. "have you not baked a cake before?"

"i thought we were baking cookies?"

"proves you don't listen. now, hand me the bag." he instructs me, but i shake my head.

"no. watch me work."

"we won't get any work done if you don't stop playing and shit." he states, pinching the bridge of his nose in agitation.

i just ignore him, adding even more flower to the bowl despite it already over flowing. i'd stop but i don't want to, because i want to rile him up. "i think we need a bigger bowl."

"no, you need to get bigger ears so that you can actually hear me for once." johnny sighs.

"oh i can hear you, i just choose to ignore you."
"charming."
"very."

i laugh once more at his agitated expression, amused at how it takes so little for me to annoy him. says a lot, being that he doesn't get irritated that easily.

"you need to lighten up, damn." i say, with a nudge in his direction. "here we don't even need measurements."

"what?!"

"they're to cliche." i scrap the cookbook that was positioned on the table, watching as his mouth opened in shock. "we're trying not to be cliche."

"we are no where near cliche." he argues. "i doubt other people wake up at midnight just to bake a cake at two a.m. in the fucking morning." i open my mouth, wanting to contradict him. but he hold a finger to stop me. "naked."

"we're not naked." i barrow my eyes. "i'm wearing your shirt and you're wearing your boxers. that's not naked."

"shit. might as well be."

"are you saying you'd rather me change out of your shirt?" i ask, raising an eyebrow. "because it'll cover everything-"

he's quick to shake his head. "fucks no."

"then shut the hell up and watch your mouth orlando." i mimicked, in a deep voice, meant to be similar to his. he looks no where near amused as i make my way over to the fridge, humming slightly underneath my breath.

he groans, though i can tell he isn't annoyed. "you know, you get so sarcastic when you hang out with kenzie. i think she's starting to rub some off on you."

"she's my best friend, she rubbed off on me ages ago." i murmur subconsciously, rummaging through the endless protein shakes in the fridge, that he never drunk.

there's this odd pack of fucking salalmi and a grape or two on the side. the rest is just endless bottles of protein milkshakes that he doesn't even drink, he got a problem.

"is she your only friend?"

"no, actually." i say gently moving some bottles to the side. "there's nadia and emily-"

"who are they?"

"my other friends." i respond. then i look back at him entertained. "why are you asking?"

"no reason. i'm just curious." john shrugs, slipping onto the kitchen stool.

"any reason for the sudden curiosity?"

"i don't know, to be honest. you've just never told me about your college life before." he replies. "i wanted to know."

"well there's nothing much to tell." i say shrugging, "it's fucking boring."

"i bet it's not. i'm interested." he notes, nudging the stool next to him. i pause for a bit, before closing the fridge and taking a seat next to him.

"come on, i wanna know more."

"there really isn't much to say, you know everything about me." i tell him. "and even if there were some things you didn't know i probably would have told you by now.

"i just want to know more about you." he says, reaching his hand forward and taking mine. what was supposed to be a midnight baking session, has quickly spiraled into a calm talk. and im not sure how i feel about it. bitch, i still fucking want cake.

"what do you wanna know?"
"i don't know. what do you want to tell me?"

"i can tell you about the time that i almost got arrested." i say looking down at my nails. his eyes widen. "but i didn't."

"i was just an idiot."
"how old were you?"
"old enough."
"are you not going to tell me?"

"maybe some other time." i smile, and he looks at me weirdly. "it's not necessarily something i want to relive at almost three in the morning.

"is it that bad?"

"no, i'm just lazy." i reply, with a slight laugh. "ask me some other things though, i don't mind."

"have you always been a johnny girl?" my heart flutters at the way his face lights up. "mhm."

"always. but what about you?"
"what about me?"
"have you always been a y/n boy?" i joke.

"you know, come to think of it... i've always kind of been swerving in between you and hayden's lane." he stares up at the ceiling. "nah, scratch that i've always been in your lane."

"now i can't tell wether your playing or not." i not and he laughs lightly.

"i'm playing, i swear."
"right." i say not dwelling on it.

"but to be honest i really don't like your lane." he begins. "but i don't because there's these boys thinking they have the right to drive there toy cars within the lanes."

"so i'm guessing its a vehicles only lane?"

"your lane isn't even that." he says before pausing. "it's a johnny lane."

"a johnny lane." i repeat, lips suppress a wide smile.

"yeah. like only johnnys can drive on it." he smirks, playfully. "and i'm a johnny so i'm basically the only one allowed."

"you're not the only johnny in the world." i note.

he shrugs. "then i'll ram the other ones out of the way."

"you can't do that."
"what not?"
"traffic."
"fuck traffic i'll run them over with my johnny mini bus."

"why are you driving a mini bus in my lane?" i ask, eyebrows furrowing. "that's a little rude  nobody gave you permission."

"i need permission?"
"consent, more like."
"consent to drive a bus in your lane?"

"uhm yes, what the hell's a relationship without consent?" i scoff. almost clapping a hand over my mouth. things weren't made official and for me to just unofficially confirm it like that i'm dead ass a complete and utter idiot.

"we're in relationship?" i bottom lip trembled.

"i said so didn't i." i smirked slightly at him.

"oh, baby girl if you wanted me, all you had to do was ask."

fr don't know the fuck this was. shit. love u.