✰ promise me.

𝓼𝓸𝓷𝓰 𝓶𝓸𝓸𝓭𝓼 - 𝓹𝓻𝓸𝓶𝓲𝓼𝓮 𝓶𝓮 ☽ 𝓳𝓪𝓬𝓴 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓳𝓪𝓬𝓴

𝙝𝙤𝙩 𝙙𝙖𝙢𝙣. 𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙖 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙪𝙩𝙚.
✰✰✰

"look me in my eyes, john" i say.

he glares upward and i'm instantly entranced by the only pair of eyes that could make the butterflies in the pit of my stomach turn into a fucking stampede.

"i know you're hurt. i know it's hard for you to trust again. i understand it all. but you need to realize, i'm dating you because i love you. i don't want anything but your love." i grip onto his large hands, with my small ones, tighter and tighter.

"but y/n, you don't get it. i'm damaged, you deserve someone who can treat you that way that you deserve to be treated."

"don't you understand? i don't want better. i want you."

he now is holding onto my thighs as i cup his face and wipe his fat tears, using the callused pad of my thumb.

he was broken by his previous relationship and now i can see the damage caused by it. these words meant the most to him. having been neglected for so long.

"promise me you'll never leave me, y/n i need you. promise me you'll always be here. promise me." he pleads, choking back a sob.

"johnny, i promise."

promise me you'll never change.

promise you'll catch me if i start to fall like the rain.

promise me we'll find our place in this crazy world and you'll be there when i call out your name.

i promise i got you.

i promise we'll make it.

as long as you promise to fight through the pain.

just promise, our love..

it don't wind up in vain.

𝐲𝐨 𝐬𝐨 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐢'𝐦 𝐫𝐥𝐲 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤. 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐚 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠. 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐟 𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐫 𝐚𝐧 𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐚 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚𝐧 𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐞. 𝐩𝐦 𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐫 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞. 𝐢 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐮.