✰ cut it.

"baby, you cut it first!" i exclaimed excitedly, holding the huge metal sword shaped knife to my fiancée

he only responded by smiling and playfully rolling his eyes at me, as he took the knife from my small hand.

johnny was anxious, but confident. he'd been waiting for this day ever since he found out he was going to be a father.

it was nearly five months later and his best friend, hayden, had planned a baby shower just for the two of us. both of our families showed up just to find out the gender of the baby.

as for me, i'd never been more elated for something in my entire life. i knee johnny was the one for me ever since i laid my light brown eyes on his emerald ones.

johnny looked around to see everyone's attention focused on the circular table sized cake in front of us. it was white cake, with white icing and white flower decals, the only color being the blue and pink teddy bears that sat at the top.

a sign stuck up from the center, in the middle , that simply read, its a..

johnny took a deep breath, my arm linked around his muscular one. and in one single motion he brought the edge down on the side of the cake.

he gently pushed it open, pastel pink icing flowing from the middle.

"it's a girl!" johnny screamed, my jaw patting open in awe. sending a commotion through the whole room, everyone one cheering and yelling for us.

johnny wrapped his arm around my pregnant waist and kissed the side of my temple. a single tear sliding down his face.

you'll be the light of my life, i can't wait to meet you, babygirl. he silently thought to himself.

this isn't the same anymore.