✰ one year.

—

i looked up at the ceiling. not being able to fall asleep whilst in johnny's arms. the lightest snores were leaving his nose along with his mouth being the slightest bit open.

i tossed and turned in my spot, not sure of the reasoning behind this all.

carefully, i got up to get a glass from the kitchen for myself. as i sipped the cold water, i quickly glanced at the calendar that was hung against the metallic refrigerator.

my eyes widen at the date on the calendar. i feel tears brim my eyes as i smile from ear to ear. wholeheartedly. i left the glass on the granite countertop before going back to our room.

"y/n?" i heard johnny ask, his voice groggily. "yeah?" situating myself underneath the covers and back into his arms. "where were you?"

"i wanted a glass of water." he cleared his voice before speaking again. "hey, what's the date?"

"8th." he pulled me closer to him, leaving no open space in between. "i'm so fucking proud of you babygirl." i sniffled a bit, i had made it to one year. one year of not bringing myself to any harm.

"i can't believe this, oh my gosh." the sound of my voice gave away that i was teary eyed. johnny pulled one of his hands from my back to wipe my cheeks with the pad of his thumb. "thank you, john, for being here when i was close to relapsing again."

"anything for you, baby." he kissed the center of my forehead with his soft lips. "i love you, johnny. i really do."

"i love you even more. i'm so god damn proud of you."

one year.