☁︎ slamming doors. [2]

—

startling out of her sleep, with a slam from the front door jolting shut. roughly, she sits up, stretching and sprawling her body in every which way. being that she always falls asleep in the most uncomfortable ways.

johnny barges through, shrugging his light wash jean off and throwing it down to the floor whilst he passes. she can only let out a sigh at his behavior. shutting her eyes, she forces herself to clear her throat.

"you could hang that," i he stops mid-step. pausing at the sound of her voice, head turning in her direction.

"why are you up?" he spits, clicking the button on the side of his phone to peer at the time. "it's 4 in the morning."

"why were you still out?" she spits back, "it's 4 in the morning."

all he can do is scoff at her smart remark, rolling his eyes, crossing his arms over his chest. she's taken back by his stance.

"i can be out as late as i want, 'm an adult."

she nods, glaring at the ground.

"i can be up as late as i want, 'm an adult," she murmurs her response.

"whatever, c'mon let's go to bed," his words are muffled as her begins to climb the stairs.

she watches as his shadow disappears in their shared bedroom. groaning, she curls back into the blanket as she plops back onto the fluffed white couch.

she can hear him move about in the room due to the deafening silence that grimaced the apartment. she can just picture him pulling his shirt up and over his head by the collar, tossing it elsewhere on the floor. then, unbuttoning his black jeans and pushing them down his legs, steeping out of them, and kicking them to the side.

there was no way for her to fight through this heart aching pain anymore. she shuts her eyes, licking her lips, failing to take deep breaths to hold back her tears. because if she cries she's weak, and he cannot be seen with someone who's weak. someone that would be considered as weak as her wouldn't be able to handle his lifestyle.

although she can feel the burning sensation in her throat, the stinging in her bloodshot eyes, tightening in her weakened chest, and the pounding in her head.

fifteen minutes have passed since he's gone upstairs, he continues to scroll through the same feed on his phone while waiting for her. thinking that she would automatically be entranced by his words and follow.

he stares at the open door in confusion, the light in the hall was still on. there is no sign nor trace of her. he laziest lazily crawls out of bed with hooded eyes, tip toeing down the stairs. peaking his head around the corner of the wall to see her still with herself curled amongst the house.

"y/n?" he asks, voice wavering from taking his final steps down the stairs. she exhales a sharp breath, burrowing her face into the pillow that belongs to her side of the bed. "what are you doing? come to bed."

yet she won't move, pretending that she doesn't feel the single tear running down her hot cheek. he inches closer, circling around the couch. he just stares at her, taking notice of how she tries to pull the blanket up to hide her shaking shoulders.

"what are you doing?" he questions again, voice raspy.

"go to bed," she mumbles breathlessly. his eyes fill with weltering concern.

"come with me." she shakes her head no and pulls the blanket up more to hide her face. "let go to bed," he speaks louder. bending over the couch to yank the blanket away from her shivering body. she doesn't have the energy to keep her hold on the blanket, so she just allows him to rip it away.

his eyes grow wide once he realizes that she's in her own clothes, and not one of his t shirts like she usually would be.

"what's happening right now?" he takes over her petite figure, frighted that he is only now seeing the way she carries herself. she doesn't answer not to ignore him, but she does open her eyes. vision blurred by tears, she looks up at him. masking the little whimper that she wants to escape from her mouth.

"you're crying?" eyebrows knitting together. again she can only shake her head no. nibbling down on her bottom lip. "why are you crying?" he asks another question, worry racking through his mind, placing the blanket down.

" 'm not," she mutters, trying her absolute best and hardest to not let a sobbing hiccup slip out. "y/n, what's up?" he moves to take a seat on the edge of the couch, the only space left for him to get any closer. his vine rigged hands reach out to comb her hair behind her ear and she winces when his calloused fingertips come in direct contact with her skin.

"bub?" his voice is soft and his touch his gentle, emerald eyes contorted in anxiousness. and he utters that word, that one simple pet name out of all of the many that he calls her, caused her to loose it. the sob escapes her mouth, shivering her whole body, whilst she hides her face in her hands. his breathing becomes staggered. he's alarmed but he takes her into his hold quickly. she doesn't mold with him like she's used to, she can't seem to find comfort in his hold anymore, and she doesn't feel the love when he kisses the crown of her head.

"what's wrong?" his breath warms the shell of her ear, as he whispers desperately for an answer. "why are you so upset?" she shakes her head, not wanting to tell him.

"tell me y/n, it's me."

"you're right," she makes herself pull away from him, standing upright. "it is you."

he's dumbfounded, "hm?" he asks.

"that's why i'm upset," she takes a much needed breath.

"what is?"

"you," she whimpers. he stares at her, breaking eye contact when she answering the question. "excuse me?" he whispers, " 'm the reason you're upset."

"mhm.." she trails off, not even able to speak full words at the moment.

"what'd i do?"  he stood up along with her, watching as she grabs her purse. his mind can't process what she's doing, yet his feet and body follow her as she moves to the door.

"y/n, what did i do?" he's prying for an answer.

she glares up at him, eyes pooling with tears that are pouring down her drained face.

"honey.. please tell me what the fuck i did.." he whispers as he cold hands reach for the metal door knob.

"you stopped loving me," she answers, pursing her lips all in all to keep herself together.

johnny retracts, his heart pounding. when he looks back up to answer, he's only met with the slamming of the door.