✰ when the party's over.

song mood☽ when the party's over - billie eilish

song mood when the party's over - billie eilish.

  "i've learned to lose, you can't afford to."

✵✵✵
3rd.

the seventh time time tonight, johnny heard the familiar ringtone of his phone go off.

rolling his eyes, he ignored it once again. sliding the ringer button down, and throwing his arm over the side of his petite girlfriends small, rigid waist.

she stiffened under his touch, but instantly relaxed.

johnny tried his hardest to not think about the actual caller's id. her knew her soft voice, pretty face, and her pleasant name all too well.

he refused to let her tell him back in. he was infatuated with his someone new, and finally moving on. he once considered y/n the love of his life.

meanwhile, miles away, that very girl, that johnny orlando once loved tried to call him once again, unsuccessfully.

the searing, dying white moonlight, shined against her black mascara covered, cold cheeks. she walked further and further from the noise of blaring music, and loud smelling blunts and alcohol.

she walked on the side of street, approaching close to the highway. black shoes and denim jacket in one hand, and an almost dead iphone in the other.

y/n knew that johnny would always, no matter what, come if she needed him. but this time it was different.

she attended a party that night, in hopes that some drunken boy would come along and take away the memories and erase the moments of johnny's gentle touch to her skin.

therefore, it's now five am and she was desperately stammering home, tears gliding down her face.

i was too late already, she thought.

i pushed him away and he's never coming back.

she tried once more to call the dirty blonde haired boy, the phone began to ring.

had he not picked up, she believed that she would've crawled in the middle of the street and died.

but johnny did pick up.

apprehensive and annoyed, johnny answered the phone huskily.

"what's wrong?" he cursed himself out internally for sounding like her cared more than he actually did. the broken girl answered minutes later.

"hey, the party's over." she breathed unsteadily. heart wrenching sobs stuck in the back of her throat.

johnny unraveled himself from the sleeping girl at his side, and crossed his legs to his side of the bed.

"i'm coming, alright? stay right there, and text me the address of the house." he said, the phone stuck between his cheek and shoulder as he rushed to slip on grey joggers and an orange champion sweatshirt.

she nodded as if he could see her figure through the phone and mumbled a measly, "alright." before hanging up.

rapidly in her actions, she quickly turned on her location and sent him the address.

quiet when i'm coming home, and i'm on my own.

and i could lie and say i like it like that.

he was there in less than fifteen minutes, and she jumped in the passenger seat of the shiny black corvette.

he wouldn't pull off right away.

for some odd reason he couldn't bring himself to even look at her.

she glared over to him, and uneasily smiled.

he dropped her off that night, exchanging no words with her, at all. but before going to bed, johnny searched for her contact and without hesitation, deleted y/n from his phone.

tore my shirt to stop you bleeding.

but nothing ever stops you leaving.

call me friend but keep me closer.

and i'll call you when the party's over.

i'm sorry. love u.