Chapter 1

Sooo tell me watcha think! Here's Chapter 1!!!!

Everything was different 2 hours ago. Everything was normal. Let me start, from the beginning.

Man this winter is surprisingly cold, even for L.A. It’s 40 degrees out! That's not normal weather for LA. At all. And when I'm cold, I'm not in a good mood. I’m shopping for Christmas presents for the gals; my best friends, Savannah, Melody, Annie, and Alexis. I just got off work around 3 because the delivery truck was late. I worked at Starbucks- great job for and 18 year old who just got into college huh? The girls are still working, they all had fashion designer jobs(luckys) and Alexis worked at McDonalds. I still had no clue what I wanted to be when I grew up. I looked into the little shops as I walked, not really doing anything. As my dark brown eyes scan the shops I tucked a piece of my brown hair behind my ear and adjusted my beanie. I saw the blue and black polka dot straightener Melody wanted in a window of a little boutique. Score! I go in and grab the straightener. I wait in line for a few seconds before I pay for it and walk back into the streets.

I freeze. Something isn’t right. That’s when I realize there’s a roaring sound coming from around the corner. Being me, I start walking towards it. It's not like your parents teach you, "Don't be curious and walk towards screaming and roaring." I hear foot steps, tons, and turn around the corner when someone tall with brown hair comes around the corner and runs past me. I look back at him only to be knocked down by someone else. I fall back but trip over me feet and hit the back of my head. My vision goes blurry. I groan as my skull vibrates. “Uh- uh sorry.” I hear a voice say. Two other guys run around the corner and stop. “Oh are you ok?” Someone said, worried, and reaches out his hand.  I grab it as my vision starts to clear. Oh no. No way. In front of me are four guys who go by the names of Kendall, Carlos, Logan and James.  “Uh-uh-“I begin, stuttering. “Yeah we’re Big Time Rush we know. Do you have a place where we can stay? I kind of don't want to get mobbed and since we ran away from Ranel...” Kendall said frantically, trailing off.

 “We’re trying to run away from screaming girls.” Logan explains. “Um yeah. Follow me.” I said starting to run down the street, the guys following me. Oh. My. RUSH. I just met Big Time Rush. I'm running from screaming Rushers and we are heading back to my apartment. How many of you can say Big Time Rush asked to go to your house? ....Exactly. I turn around and see the mob of girls chasing after us, tripping over one another, holding out things for the guys to sign, taking pictures with their camera phones. “Oh god.” I said, my eyes widening at the sight. “Tell me about it.” Carlos said laughing and grabbing my hand as I started to drift behind. That's what I get for not taking track. We run down the streets and, thankfully, we were almost to the hotel. The wind whipped my hair and face as we ran. The fans are getting closer by the step but we run into the lobby, desperate to escape them.

The people in the lobby give us strange looks and shoot glares. "The elevator!" I said, pointing at the metal doors. We rush over and click the button repeatedly. It doesn’t come quick enough, because the girls start to pour into the lobby. The manager is yelling for security while we run up the stairs, James in the front followed by Carlos, Kendall, Logan and me. Sadly my apartment is on floor 54. We run up the flights of stairs and of course I trip. I bang my knee into the stairs and yell out in pain. Logan stops and helps me up as we continue up the stairs, pain coursing through my knee. We keep running, hearing the roar of girls below us, and finally reach the floor. I take out the room key, running down the hall. I can hear the fans behind us. I open the door as quick as I can, fumbling with the key. The guys run inside and I go in after them. I slam the door shut, lock the locks, and slide down the door panting. “Thanks.” Carlos says bending over panting. “So…many…girls.” James says in between breaths. After we all catch our breath I realize it’s 4 o’clock. I had an hour to cook dinner.

“So you live here alone?” Kendall asks looking around the giant penthouse. There’s a kitchen with marble tile and granite counter tops, a big living room with a sofa and 2 mini couches with a flat screen TV, and spiral stairs leading to the bedrooms above. Yeah, it's on the very top of the hotel but the college pays for it so I can't complain. “Um no, my 4 roommates and I live here. “Oh cool.” James says. “So where are they?” Carlos asks. God he’s cute. Wait, why am I  saying that? I just met the guy! But I do know everything about him....wow I'm a stalker.

“At work. I got off early and let me warn you; Everyone who lives here is a Rusher but one is kinda a hater. Don't say I didn't warn you.” I said. “So what you’re saying is you’re a Rusher?” Logan said, smiling, putting his arm around me, him being the ladies’ man. I laugh at him and shrug his arm off my shoulder. I said I was a Rusher and yet he still asks me that? Oh well, he's famous and hot, I don't care. “Yep. Now wanna watch TV?” I ask, raising an eyebrow. There’s a course of yes’s and I flop down on the couch with Kendall and Carlos on either side of me. I turn on the channel and Nickelodeon is on…playing the Big Time Rush theme song.

The guys jump up and start dancing and I sit there laughing. James pulls me up and makes me jump. I start laughing and singing and by the time it ends I hear someone knocking on the door. “Katelyn?! Why is the door locked?” I hear Savannah say through the door. Oh dang. “Quick go hide in the kitchen, behind the island, and be quiet!” I tell the guys. They hurry to run over and hide as I open the door. “Hey sorry, I must’ve accidentally locked it.” I say when Savannah walks in, followed by Annie, Alexis, and Melody.

Let me tell you. My friends? Their absolutely gorgeous. Oh and me? Just consider me a potato.

Annie Lewis? The nerd of our group but when it comes to partying, she's the first one on the dance floor. She's 19, same as everyone else, leaving me as the baby at 18. She has shiny shoulder-length black hair, hazel eyes, and black rimmed glasses. She's 5'4", and has slightly tanned skin, thanks to the many hours she spends reading. She normally ends up doing our homework, since she's the female version of Einstein. She's sweet and funny but she's always nagging at us to  clean our rooms. Even as annoying as she is reading her books, we love her to death.

Melody Holmes? Total beauty queen  Touch her hair? She kills you. Melody's 19, same as the rest off the group. She has mid-back length brown hair with blond highlights and bright green eyes. She's 5'7", very tan, since she spends most her time at the beach, watching the part-time lifeguard. She's normally glued to her phone or her hair and makeup products, sometimes all 3 at once. Going on a date? She's the one you need.

Savannah Marshall? She's only my best friend. Ever. Me and her are closer than we are with the rest of the group but not by much. She's 19, as I mentioned before, like everyone else. She has curly blond hair, sparkly blue eyes, and a million watt smile. She's 5'6 and pale, but not too much. She's the sweetest girl you'll ever meet and can quote every sentence from Pretty Little Liars.

Alexis Payton? You know that one girl the group doesn't really like but doesn't want to kick her out? That's her. She has frizzy black hair and dull brown eyes that I swear turn black when she's angry. She has quite an attitude and hates on everything that we do. We would've never even lived with her if it wasn't for the school putting her with us, 2 months into the year.

Now me? My full name is Katelyn Reeds. I have waist length brown hair and brown eyes. My hair is naturally wavy which I hate. I'm a short 5'3", the shortest of the group. I'm 18, also making me the youngest. I'm loud and sassy, as I have been told, and talk WAY to much according to just about everyone. 

And just to let you know, we all obsess over the same exact boy band that was hiding in my kitchen. But Alexis? She's hates them to death.

“Hey why isn’t dinner ready?” Alexis says snottily and I roll my eyes. “Er-I just got home and work was busy. Since when do you care? You normally don't eat what I fix." I snap at her, crossing my arms. There's my sass. "Wanna just order something?” I suggest weakly and they all look at me then shake their head simultaneously. “Well I’ll make it right now and-“ I say quickly, trying to avoid them entering the kitchen. It fails when Melody walks around me to the kitchen. “WHY THE FORK IS BIG TIME RUSH IN OUR APARTMENT?!?!” She screams, dropping her purse. Fork. This is going to be a long story.