Chapter 19

***Warning you! It's acliffhanger and might not be able to post for another hour or until tomorrow morning!!***

Ri-. That’s how quick the phone was answered.

“Katelyn?! Where are you?! What happened?! I love you! Please come home!” Carlos yelled into the phone. “H-hi Carlos. “I said. “Where are you?! Come back! I love you still!” Carlos said. “I love you too but I can’t come back.” I said tears forming in my eyes. “What? Why?!” Carlos said. “Just call everyone in the room and put me on speaker.” I said. “Guys! Come here! It’s important!” I  hear Carlos yell to them. “What Carlos?! I was doing my hair!” I heard Melody say. “What do you want Carlos.” Savannah sigh/said. “Who’s on the phone?” Logan asked, being the first one to notice it. “Umm H-hi. It’s me Katelyn guys!” I said trying to act happy even though I wasn’t looking forward to what I was going to do.

“Katelyn?!odsnfnaejnWhere are you?!guhrgiueriuWe don’t hate you!” Is what I heard. I sighed. “Be quiet! I can’t hear a word!” I said into the phone. They all mumbled sorry. “You guys might wanna take a seat. The thing I’m going to tell you will take a while.” I said. I waited a few seconds. “Okay well, make sure to not interrupt.” I began.

“Well guys I don’t know where to start. I’m sorry for leaving and not answering you till now. I realized you guys don’t hate me…but I can’t come back. It’s not because of you. I can’t tell you why though. I just wanted to say goodbye.” I said.

“What do you mean?” I heard Carlos say after a while. “I can’t come back. This is my good bye. You boys, I don’t know if I’ll see you guys again but make sure to run into another fan. That way Carlos...and James- can get a new- girlfriend maybe.?” I said. It was hard to say that. By now tears were streaming down my face. “B-but thanks for running into me too. I love you boys, you know that right? You’re my family now.” I said. “We love you too Katelyn but-“they all said at the same time…strange. But I cut them off.

“Im s-sorry. Okay?! Girlies, you are my sisters, always have been. I love you guys. And you are welcome to raid my closet and fight for my room.” I laughed a little at that part. “So bye. You guys are my life. I love you all.” I said. They all said some things, asking why I can’t come back, saying they love me, and all.

“Carlos, I love you but don’t cry or mourn when I leave. There are millions of girls who would die to be with you, so why wait for me when you can move on now?” I said. I heard footsteps, probably everyone leaving so Carlos and I could talk.

“I love you too Kates, but I can’t move on. I love you and only you. You can’t go!! I won’t be me without you! Making you fall and hit your head on that sidewalk was the best day of my life. Our kiss during truth or dare was the best kiss ever! You can’t go!” He said. I could tell he was tearing up. “Carlos if you love something let it go. If it doesn’t come back it was never yours. That’s what I’m doing.” I told him.

I was already crying my eyes out. “Katelyn I-I just can’t live without you. You just can’t-“he began. I couldn’t take it. I was already sobbing. “I love you Carlos. Bye my Carlitos.” I said hanging up on him.

I put my back against the mall wall. I cried for a while but then wiped away the tears. I can’t cry over the past. I need to focus on the future. I wiped off my eyes. I checked the time and saw it was already 1. I decided to go and get my clothes. I rode the bus back to L.A and left my bag outside the apartment, the girls could have my clothes.

I went back down and left before they caught me. Now it was already 2:30. I might as well head on over. I walked to the coffee shop and walked into the alley. “Hello?” I said. I walked a little further to see if they were there yet but not before something hard hit my head and I blacked out.