Chapter 60

A week later I was lying in an alley, in some part of New York. I had managed to escape, but I don't know how. I was so beat up I couldn't do anything but run. My body is so messed up and cut and busted I don't even look human. I haven't been able to get money, a phone, or food. The last time I ate was a week and a half ago. I slowly moved my head off of the ground in time to see a car slow down. I looked over and a person rushed over. "Miss are you okay!?" A woman said and kneeled next to me. "I don't think so." I said before I passed out. 

~*~*~*~* 

I woke up to the sound of a radio. I turned my head. I was in a hospital. I've been in the hospital too many times in my life. I want to go home. I want to sleep in my own bed, I want to see the girls and guys, I want Chase, but most of all I want Carlos. A nurse walked in. "Good you're up." She said.After explaining to me how I had a broken wrist she told me something. I won't tell you yet but you will figure out sooner or later. I was allowed out of the hospital and they gave me some money and clothes.  

I went to the nearest payphone and dialed a number I knew by heart- Carlos'. After 5 rings he answered. "Hello?" He asked. "C-Carlos." I said. "Katelyn!?" He said. "Carlos. I'm in New York. I don't have anywhere to stay. I need you to come here." I say sobbing. "I miss you." I say. "Alright. Katelyn, I'll be there soon. I'll get the next flight from Georgia to New York. Just- just stay safe." He said and hung up. I saw a McDonalds across the street and headed over. 

I ordered a chicken sandwich, fries, a coke, and a frappe. Call me a pig but I've barley eaten in almost 2 weeks! I say there, eating my food slowly, getting strange looks and stares from people because of my bruises and cuts. A few hours later I had fallen asleep when I felt someone shake my shoulder. "Katelyn?" I open my eyes and wrap my arms around him. Carlos. "I missed you so much." I sobbed into his chest.

"It's okay baby. I'm here now. No one will hurt you ever again. I can't bear to see them kidnap you, shoot you, and then kidnap you again." He said. "Well it happened." I sobbed. I stay in his embrace for a while before I pulled away. I looked Carlos in the eye. "Carlos." I said. "Yes baby?" He said. "I need to tell you something." I said. "Well?" Carlos said after I stayed silent. "During the time they kidnapped me they beat me and punched me. Jackson wanted to kill our baby and make me get pregnant with his baby." I said crying. 

Carlos' eyes showed nothing but fear, regret, and worry. "Aww I'm so sorry." He said and hugged done and kisses my nose. "And Carlos- the truth is...." I said. "What?" Carlos asked worried.

"The baby it's...."