Chapter 49

***Chapter 49! wow! Well I changed ages so the guys are 20, the girls are 19, and Katelyn is 18! Read on.....

Ahh my life is amazing. It’s past Christmas and my life has been awesome. For Christmas Carlos and I spent it alone in our house and watched some Christmas movies. It was a lot of fun just having a day with him. But anyways right now tomorrow is Valentine’s Day and I feel horrible. I’ve been throwing up all day.

“Ugh. I hate being sick.” I say. “It’s okay babe. You’ll be better soon.” Carlos says, pulling back my hair as I throw up again. “You sure you don’t want me to take you to the hospital?” Carlos asked for the 5th time as I rested my head on the side of the bath tub.

“I’m fine Carlos! I probably just ate something bad. I’ll be okay.”

~*~*~

Today is Valentine’s day! I feel fine now other than getting dizzy every once in a while. Carlos and I are going out to dinner then the guys have a special Valentine’s day concert. I went to my closet and slid on my red dress and did my makeup. I put my hair in a braided bun thing that looked like a flower then slid on my shoes.

“Let’s go.” I tell Carlos. I loop my arm in his and kiss his cheek. We get in the car and go to a fancy restaurant. Carlos pulls out my chair and I sit down he hands me a rose and sits in his seat. “Thanks.” I say smiling and smelling the rose.

We order our food and wait. “You know you’re beautiful.” Carlos says. “Thanks.” I say and blush a little. He grabs my hand and squeezes it under the table. Our food comes and we talk then head to where the concert is. The boys sing a few songs and sit on stools.

The guys come backstage for a break. “Your turn.” Kendall says. “What?” I ask. “You’re going on stage and singing.” James says and they hand me a mic and push me onto the stage. I see Carlos standing there. “Happy Valentine’s Day.” I say to the crowd. I walk over to Carlos and he grabs my hand.

The music starts and I instantly recognize it. Carlos and I start to sing.

When I look into your eyes

It's like watching the night sky

Or a beautiful sunrise

There's so much they hold

And just like them old stars

I see that you've come so far

To be right where you are

How old is your soul?

I won't give up on us

Even if the skies get rough

I'm giving you all my love

I'm still looking up

And when you're needing your space

To do some navigating

I'll be here patiently waiting

To see what you find

'Cause even the stars they burn

Some even fall to the earth

We've got a lot to learn

God knows we're worth it

No: I won't give up

I don't wanna be someone who walks away so easily

I'm here to stay and make the difference that I can make

Our differences they do a lot to teach us how to use

The tools and gifts we got, yeah, we got a lot at stake

And in the end, you're still my friend at least we did intend

For us to work we didn't break, we didn't burn

We had to learn how to bend without the world caving in

I had to learn what I've got, and what I'm not, and who I am

I won't give up on us

Even if the skies get rough

I'm giving you all my love

I'm still looking up, still looking up.

I won't give up on us (no I'm not giving up)

God knows I'm tough enough (I am tough, I am loved)

We've got a lot to learn (we're alive, we are loved)

God knows we're worth it (and we're worth it)

I won't give up on us

Even if the skies get rough

I'm giving you all my love

I'm still looking up

Carlos sings the last verse by himself and I smile. “As you all know I love Katelyn very much.” Carlos says to the crowd. They all cheer and he turns to me. “I love her more than life itself. I can’t live without her and I want her to be mine forever.” Carlos says.

Then he gets down on one knee and pulls out a box. I’m speechless as tears form in my eyes. “Katelyn, will you marry me?” he asks.

Carlos POV

Katelyn nods. “I will.” She says and I see tears of joy in her eyes. I stand up and grab her hand. I am the happiest man on earth. No the universe! Who cares if she’s only 18? We love each other and that’s all that’s matters. I lean in to kiss her but hear a loud bang!

I jump away, scared from the noise. But what I see scares me even more. Katelyn had a very red spot near her heart.

She had been shot.

 Orignally there WAS a sequel but I'm merging it into here so......keep reading!