Chapter 16

***I decided to post this chapter even if I don't have 2 comments :) I'm just too excited! Fan, comment, and tell people to read this! lol Drama-y. Please tell me what you think!***

Carlos never really loved me if he moved on that quick. I ran down the dark streets but tripped and scraped my knee. “Oww!” I said. I looked and saw I broke the high heel; Melody is going to hate me for that too. I took off my shoes and started walking down the streets, crying to myself. I walked past one shop window with a street lamp and saw my reflection. My mascara and eyeliner were all over my face and my eyes were red and puffy. My hair was a wreck…I look horrible. But who cares?! That’s right, no one. I finally reached the apartment and went inside.

Luckily no one was back from the club yet, considering it was only 10. I locked the door behind me and took off my dress in the kitchen. Nobody was home so it didn’t matter. I left my dress on the floor, not caring. I walked up to my room and turned on the shower. I got in and washed my hair. I rinsed it out but stood there letting all my worries get washed away. I got out after a half hour and dried off.

I walked into my room and grabbed some sweat pants and a sweat shirt. I put them on and put my hair in a messy bun. I’m leaving, I thought to myself. I grabbed a duffel bag and started packing. Since I was wearing my Bear Paw boots I put my black converse in the bag along with socks, bras and underwear, 2 sets of pajamas, and a weeks’ worth of clothes. I zipped up the bag and grabbed my phone.

Ugh. I ripped off the cover of Carlos and me kissing and threw it in the trash. I put on my spare case and grabbed my emergency 500 dollars from under my bed. I grabbed the bag and headed downstairs. Good bye old life, Carlos, friends, everything.

I decided to write a note telling them good bye. I grabbed a notepad and pencil and wrote:

Hey guys. I would just like to say good bye. I’m sorry Carlos and Melody and everyone but I’m leaving. I know I don’t mean anything to you guys so I thought I’d be better off gone. I just wanted to say thank you for being my friends and being there even though I’m sure you guys hate me, considering the story Melody and Carlos told you guys.

Carlos- this part is for you. I know you hate me but I love you. You’re the best thing that ever happened to me. James would happily explain the truth of what you saw at the club. But anyways I love you, even if you hate me. I know you already moved on to those chics at the club so I’m happy for you.

So good bye. I know I’m mean and in Melody’s words “stupid”. But I’ll never see you again and stay out of your lives hopefully, now that I know you guys hate me and all. Savannah, Annie, Melody, thanks for being the sisters I never had. Melody I know right now I’m probably not on speaking terms with you but oh well. BTR (meaning you guys) Thanks for running into me on that one day in the streets. You made my life worth something, so bye. Thanks for being there for me. I love you guys. I’ll always remember you. Don’t bother texting or calling, I’ll just ignore you.

Love,

Katelyn

I put the letter on the counter and headed for the door. I turned around and looked at the apartment. Man I’ll miss this place but it’s better off without me. I unlocked the door and started to head out when I forgot something. I ran back in. “Sydney!” I yelled. Sydney came bounding down the stairs, followed by Fox, Sissy, and Yuma; I bent down and hugged them all. “I love you guys.” I whispered hugging Sydney.

I got up and added Take care of Sydney for me to the letter. I opened the door and closed it behind me. I walked down the hallway, into the elevator, and eventually to the streets. I just walked in the dark streets, not knowing where I am, who I am, who loves me or hates me, and what I should do.