Chapter 50 *book 2 was merged in here*

Book 2 starts now....

Carlos POV

I sat and stared at Katelyn’s lifeless form. She had gone into a coma after she got shot. She had lost a lot of blood and since the bullet almost hit her heart… you know. It’s been 2 weeks and she hasn’t woken once. We still haven’t found the shooter though but I know I’m going to beat the crap out of them. I tried not to leave her side but we had started filming but whenever I wasn’t working I was here. I hadn’t gotten lots of sleep because her getting shot was a too painful memory

I lean in to kiss her but hear a loud bang! I jump away, scared from the noise. But what I see scares me even more. Katelyn had a very red spot near her heart. She had been shot. I screamed for the guys to call 911 and the fans were freaking out. Katelyn clutched her chest and started to faint. I caught her and kneeled down, holding her in my arms. Tears started to come in my eyes. Katelyn was crying too.

“It hurts Carlos.” She whispered. I was surprised I could hear her over the screaming. “It hurts a lot.” She said, biting her lip as tears escaped from her eyes. “I know baby. It will be okay. You will be okay.” I said. I heard sirens in the distance. “I don’t think so Carlos.” She said drifting off. “Katelyn! Please don’t leave me!” I said. “I’ll try not to but I don’t think I can resist.” She said and her voice turned to a whisper.

“I’m not so sure I’ll make it.” She said. “You will! Don’t say that!” I said. “Promise me. Promise me if I die that you will move on but never forget me. Move on, have kids, marry someone. That lady will be very lucky. Just don’t forget me. I love you.” She said. “No! I can’t move on!” I said. “Please! Please promise me.” She said and passes out.

I didn’t promise anything. She will NOT die. “She passed out!” I yell to the guys. Soon paramedics put her on the stretcher. “How long ago did she get shot and how long has she been out?” A paramedic asked. “She got shot around 10 minutes ago and passed out 1 or 2.” I said. The paramedic nodded and they put her in the ambulance.

I rode to the hospital with her. They tried stopping the blood but she had lost a lot. We got to the hospital and they took her away. I waited for 4 hours in the waiting room and was told she was in a coma.

Every night when I slept I would have the memory play over and over or have a nightmare when she dies. “Hey man. Want to go get some lunch?” Kendall says. I look up and see him leaning against the door. “I don’t want hospital food.” I say. “No. We are going out. Savannah is going to stay here with her.” Kendall says. I think for a minute and decide to go. If I didn’t Kendall would force me.

I get up and kiss Katelyn’s forehead before we leave to go eat. We go to Chik Fil A and when we get back I go back to Katelyn’s room. I was sitting there when the beep beep beep turned into a beeeeeeeeeeep. I jumped up. This could not be happening. I ran to the doorway. “I NEED A NURSE!! MY WIFE IS DYING!” I yelled. The nurse came running. I ran into the room but was pushed out by the nurses. I sank against the wall.

I heard the yelling and all the “clears” but it never stopped. A few minutes later a nurse walked out. “Mr. Pena, can I talk to you?” she asked. I nodded and stood up. She walked me down the hall.

“I’m sorry but your wife, Katelyn….she’s dead”