Chapter 8

***This ones a little short but it's entertaining!!***

Ugh. Bright Light. I wake up in a very white room. After my eyes adjust I see I’m in a hospital room. My head is hurting like crazy. Then I remember. Man hunt. Tricking James and Carlos.  Hitting my head on the couch. I look over and see Carlos staring out the window. “Carlos?” I whisper because my head hurts so bad. Carlos’ head snaps over to me. “Katelyn! How do you feel? Does your head hurt?” he asks. “Yes my head hurts. What happened?” I ask him. “Well after you hit your head you passed out. We drove you to the hospital and the doctor said you had a medium concussion.” He says grabbing my hand. “Oh. Well how long till I can get out?” I ask him. “The doctor said tomorrow. They just had to keep you overnight just in case something happens.” “Well okay.” I tell him drifting back to sleep.

~*~*~*

It’s been a week since I got my concussion. It healed quickly and now I’m fine. Nothing much has happened but today I’m going Christmas shopping!!! It’s November 20th and I still haven’t finished. We are all taking our own cars so nobody sees who got what.  I grab my keys and say bye to everyone and head to the mall. I wonder what I should get everyone. I have Melody’s straightener hidden in my room. I start walking till I reach a cool snapback store. I go in and see a Spiderman, Batman, and Superman snapback on the wall. I grab 2 of each and head to one of those stores that spray designs on clothes and stuff. I go in and hand the guy behind the counter the hats. I get Savannah and Kendall sprayed on the back of the Spiderman ones, Melody and James on the Superman ones, and Logan and Annie on the Batman ones. I’ll just return Melody’s straightener or save it for her birthday. All I need is to get Carlos a present.

I put the hats in a bag and decide to go get a drink at the food court. I get a large coke and sit down. Hmm what should I get Carlos? I can’t get him a snapback; it would be like everyone else’s present. I want his to be special. I sit there and think when an idea comes into my head. I’ll get him a pair of purple supras and get Carlos+Katelyn on them! I can get a matching pair of converse to match! I’m a genius. I grab my drink and head to the shoe store. Once I get there I grab a purple pair of supras in Carlos’ size and I grab a pair of purple converse for me. I go back to the place with the spray machine and get Carlos+Katelyn on each shoe. Done! I hope Carlos likes his present!