Chapter 6

***Hey guys! How you liking the story? Please tell your Rusher friends to read this if you like it!"

We get in a limo and the driver closes the door. He walks around the car, getting in, and starting the engine. The tinted windows block my vision of the world around me. “Where are we going?!” I  asked Carlos, for the 5th time. I was getting agitated because I wanted to know. “I’m not telling you!” Carlos says. I stick my tongue out at him and he puts his arm around me. We drive for a little while longer when the limo stops. “We’re here. Close your eyes.” Carlos says. I close my eyes and hear Carlos open the car door. He helps me out and I start walking, him putting his hands on top of my closed eyes. “Open.” He says. I open my eyes and see we are on a roof top with lights and soft music playing. In the corner is a small couch and in front of me is a table set for 2 with candles. The Hollywood siign is clearly visiable in the distance, making everything more magnificent. “Oh Carlos…” I gasp, staring at the view. “I thought you would like it. We have the whole night to ourselves.” He says looking at me and smiling his adorable smile while red tints his cheeks. “Aww!” I said, giving him a hug, kissing his cheek. "It's perfect. I love it." I said, smiling.

We sit down at the table and I see that there’s a box of pizza. “Oo pizza!” I say excited and grab a slice of cheese. “It isn’t  too plain?” Carlos asks. “No! This is perfect!” I said, taking a bite of the hot pizza. Pizza was my favorite food ever. He laughs and eats his pizza. When we finish eating he stands up, pulling a remote out of his pocket. He uses the remote to turn the music up. “Can I have this dance?” He says, reaching out his hand, a cute smirk on his face. “Carlos I’m warning you now. I’m not that good of a slow dancer.” I say, smirking back and grabbing his hand. He puts his hand on my waist and my arms hook around his neck. We start to move side to side, slowly turning in a circle. I feel like I could stay in this moment forever. It’s just me and him in the world with nothing else. I stared into his eyes, him staring back. I smiled, thinking of a world where my worries were gone. Just me, Carlos, and the rest of the group. We could get a happily ever after. Carlos knew the song because he sang along quietly.

When the music ended we stood there, me with my head in his chest, his arms still locked around my waist. “I know we just met and all-“ Carlos starts. “But I love you Katelyn.” Carlos said, looking into my eyes. I knew love was a word used loosely- take my ex for example. But coming from Carlos it seemed real, genuine, a promise he would keep. “I love you too, Carlos.” I said, his lips turning into a smile. I rise on my feet and Carlos leans down. My eyes fluttered close and in a few seconds Carlos closed the space between our lips. We moved in sync, like god had our lips made to fit each others. It was the best kiss of my life. Trust me. I’ve only had like 2 real boyfriends in my life and a few good kisses but this was the best. It's not just a cheap clique quote. He breaks are lips apart,  pulling back, looking in my eyes. He leans in and puts his fore head on mine. Carlos grabs my hand, pulling our fore heads apart. He leads me over to the edge of the building. We look at the view and Carlos puts his arm on my shoulder. “This is a beautiful view.” Carlos says. “I know.” I say, not taking my eyes off the city. “But I’m not talking about the city.” He says, looking at me. “Your just saying that!” I say shrugging his arm off my shoulder. It was a lie, a cheesy joke.

“No I’m not. You're beautiful.” He says. “Don’t say that! I know I’m not beautiful! You only like me because I’m a Rusher and you guys get to stay at my house!” I say, crossing my arms over my chest. “Katelyn.” He says, putting a hand on my arm. “All of that isn’t true. You're beautiful and don’t let anyone tell you different. Why would you even think that though? You’re the nicest, prettiest, and sweetest girl I know.“ Carlos says, looking into my eyes. I walk over to the couch and sit down with my head down. Carlos comes over and sits next to me. I take a shaky breath and ignore him. “Tell me what’s wrong.” He says in a soft voice.

“Well...I’ve only had 2 boyfriends in my entire life. The first one cheated on me but the second we were together for 3 years." I said. Carlos raised an eyebrow, like that was simple. "And you want to know why? It's because I wasn't good enough! T-then he broke up with me, called me ugly, fat, worthless, and all that. He slapped me, did unspeakable things, and told me to forget about him then left." I said as my voice caught in my throat. I bit my lip as a tear fell down my cheek and blinked. "I had loved and trusted him and gave him my everything and he just left. I cried and didn’t leave my room for a while but finally came out. It’s been a year and you’re the first guy who liked me after that.” I say, crying and putting hands over my face in shame. The tears rolled down my cheeks as I sobbed. “I-I had no idea Katelyn. I’m so sorry.” Carlos says, grabbing me into a hug, kissing my temple. I sit there, crying into a chest. “You ready to get going?” Carlos asks, almost in a whisper. “Yeah.” I whisper and wipe away my tears. "Forget about him. Forget the words. You're better than him." Carlos said. "Yeah." I said, not believing one word. "So what do you wanna do? Head home?" He said, standing up. He grabbed my hand and pulled me up. “Can we go get Ice Cream?! Pleaassseee!?” I say, jumping up and down like a three year old, my depressed mood suddenly gone. “Yeah. Then would you like to go to Toys R Us?!” Carlos says teasing, then laughing at me. “Totally!” I say, laughing. I grab my purse and we leave hand in hand.

We get ice cream then head for home. When I get out I see we’re in front of Toys R Us. “Um Carlos. Why are we at Toys R Us? Last time I checked we didn't live here.” I say, like it was obvious. “You said you wanted to come here and I figured we could have some fun.” He said, shrugging. I switch into a pair of converse and we run inside. Yes I‘m the type of girl who doesn’t care if she’s dressed in a fancy dress but is wearing converse. And yes, I brought a pair of converse on my first date with Carlos.

We hurry inside and start grabbing random things. I grab a hula hoop and start hula hooping and Carlos takes a picture. I put the hula hoop back and he runs over and grabs a kiddie golf club and poses. I take a picture, laughing. We run around taking pictures of us with all this stuff, being loud and laughing. Eventually we found a BTR isle, which I basically owned. “Yay!” I say, squealing like the fangirl I was. I run over and grab the Carlos doll. “Can I pleaasseee get this?” I say, batting my eye lashes and doing a puppy dog face. This was the first time I've seen a Carlos doll. I had James, Logan, and Kendall but Carlos was sold out everywhere. “Sure!” Carlos says raising an eyebrow. "I'm still a fangirl  you know. Duh!" I said, rolling my eyes and putting on my 'please' face. He shakes his head. We go to the check out and buy the doll, heading home. “Best. Date. Ever!” I squeal and kiss Carlos' cheek.

“I know.” Carlos says, smiling.

The boys, sadly, don't have dolls out. In the fanfic, they do.