Chapter 51

“I’m sorry but your wife, Katelyn….she’s dead”

The moment I heard those words my heart broke in 2. “S-she’s dead?” I asked crying. “Yes but there’s something else I need to tell you. She’s-“I heard but I didn’t hear the rest because I was running down the hall. I ran out of the hospital and onto the street. I kept running, and running, and running, crying the whole time. The love of my life…she’s gone. She was only 18! Why did her life have to be taken?

I finally run to a field and lay down. “I love you Katelyn.” I whisper into the wind. Then I remembered her promise she wanted me to make. To move on, get married, and have kids. That promise seemed impossible but it was her last wish. “I promise.” I whisper.

After crying for a while I decided to go back to the hospital, I’m sure the nurses had told everyone else already. I walked back which took about an hour. When I got to the hospital I checked I and walked to her room.I opened the door, prepared to see her dead body, but instead saw her brown eyes staring at me.

Katelyn’s POV

“K-Katelyn?!” he say. I sit up slowly and look at him. “Carlos.” I say, tears coming to my eyes. I missed him so much! “I-I thought you were dead?” he said. “My heart beat was so small the machine didn’t detect it. Then I woke up and you weren’t here.” I said smiling. “I missed you so much!” he said and raced and gave me a tight hug. I stood up, still hugging him when the doctor walked in.

“Ah good to see you’re up Katelyn. But be careful, you’ll suffocate the little fella. I pulled away confused. “What? Carlos isn’t little…” I said and started blushing. “I mean this one.” He says. He lifts up my shirt and pints to a small bump on my stomach.  Everyone else decides to come in at this exact time

“You’re pregnant.” The doctor says. I look at Carlos and I couldn’t read his face but all I remember is him pushing past everyone and running away. I smile but it fades. Is it down and everyone stares at me as the doctor leaves.

“I’m pregnant.” I say. Everyone congratulates me. I start to tear up. “Are those tears of joy?” Melody asks. “No! Carlos doesn’t want this baby when I do! Didn’t you see how he ran out?! He hates the baby and I!” I yell and burry my face in my hands. Savannah and Annie hug me.

I’m only 18, I know, but I love this baby…and my own husband doesn’t.